Notices

Luxury Hotel/Spa?

Apr 30th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Luxury Hotel/Spa?

I'd like to see some of the attractions in St Petersburg (like the Dali Museum). I was wondering if there was a luxury hotel/spa in the vicinity where I could spend a few days.
Any recommendations?
May 1st, 2011, 10:52 AM

Renaissance Vinoy is a historic property with a nice spa on site. Not really a destination spa. Safety Harbor has a serious spa with warm mineral springs but it is not luxurious at all. I've been to both and prefer the Vinoy but the hot mineral baths were wonderful at Safety Harbor.

If you want a beach location, The Don Cesar is lovely and also a historic landmark hotel. I prefer the Vinoy as I feel it is better managed.
May 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM

The Vinoy is right in downtown St. Petersburg, we spent a few enjoyable days there. It's close to the Dali Museum and within a short walk of some attractions such as the Museum of Fine Arts and the Chihuly Collection as well as restaurants. Also has a good pool. The Don Cesar is out on St. Pete Beach & a bit of a drive from downtown St. Pete, but as Honoria_Glossop said is a lovely landmark building.
May 10th, 2011, 06:19 AM

Try the Hilton Hotel at Petersburg Central in Tampa Bay. It is one of the luxury hotels around that are. Check this out http://www.discoverluxury.com/

Search this Thread