Luau recommendation in Maui

Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Luau recommendation in Maui

which one would you recommend? prefer in wailea area.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 10:41 AM

We went to the Old Lahaina Luau on our honeymoon. If you choose this one, book it as soon as you possibly can - it's really popular and sells out quickly. I'd recommend choosing table seating over floor seating; the people on the floor did not look comfortable! It's a great luau - they roast a pig, and it's in a pretty setting right on the water. They do not have fire dancers since that's not typically considered Hawaiian, but there are other luaus that do.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 10:59 AM

riazar:
I have to second volcanogirl I did the Old Lahaina Luau June this year and it was great, I did have the traditional mat sitting which was not the most comfortable but it was really neat, advantage to it your right in front of the stage, disadvantage you eat last. The setting is beautiful do try to get there early as parking in the actual place is VERY limited, we got there around 4:30p.m. found parking immediately and killed some time by crossing the street to a mall. Hope this helps.
Gina
Dec 3rd, 2007, 11:41 AM

In the Wailea area, the Wailea Marriott wins hands down. Good food and a great show which ends with the fire dancer. It is less expensive than Old Lahaina Luau. As mentioned, OLL is strictly traditional Hawaiian hula.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM

Our entire family loved the Old Lahaina Luau.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM

Another vote for the Marriott luau. I believe there is some kind of discount if you are a guest at the hotel. The fire dancer was amazing (even if it's not traditional!). The dancers interact with the audience frequently.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 03:03 PM

The fire dancer at the Marriott has won the international fire dancer award a couple years although the night we were there they had another guy doing it.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 03:24 PM

Pick a luau with a fire knife dancer. They are the most entertaining part of the entertainment.
Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM

We went to Drums of the Pacific and Hyatt. Drum of the Pacific Luau Ė we thought the location was very nice. I had no great expectations about food and found it to be plentiful and good. The all you can drinks were not the biggest, best or strongest, but were acceptable. We thought the show was very well done and enjoyed the fire dance. There was eye candy for both of us! I donít have anything to compare it to, but give it thumbs up. I booked this online about 2 months in advance and used Boss Frog site and got a discount. There were people there who had used 2 for 1 coupons. We paid $80 [tax and all included] each.

Deb

Deb
Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:37 PM

Discount site:

http://tinyurl.com/2vjg98

Deb
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:11 AM

We went to the Old Lahaina Luau last week and had a wonderful time. If your legs are up to it, the tables with the mats are right next to the stage where you will have a front row seat. Food and dancing were great but it does sell out quickly so make reservations early. I would go again.