Search

LoveItaly's Message From JJBhoy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LoveItaly's Message From JJBhoy

Hello dear Fodorites.

With a heavy heart I am typing this message at the request of our Fodorite JJBhoy (Jim) so please know that I am not violating his privacy.

I am sure that many of you recall Jim's trip reports here on the US Board when they made their two visits from their home in Glasgow, Scotland to NYC. The last visit to NYC was with their two sons, Paul and Christopher whose nickname is Diff. If you wish to read or reread the trip report(s) you can type JJBhoy into the search box here on the US Board. The NYC trip report will give you a glimpse of the personality of the dearly loved Diff. A young man that knew how to love and enjoy life and was such a ray of sunshine to all who knew him.

Sadly a couple of months ago Christopher was just a block from his home one early evening. He ran into a younger fellow that he did not know well. As they were conversering a third young man joined them. It has come out the young fellow who lived in a different neighborhood has a past that has involved violent incidents unbeknowst to Christopher. The third young man has had some grudges with the young fellow and suddenly the younger fellow pulled a knife and cut the third fellow. The injury was not life threatening. But the younger fellow than fatality stabbed Christopher. Christopher was an innocent victim.

Jim and his wife Liz and their older son Paul are of course in total shock and are so mourning the loss of their beloved Diff as are the rest of the family.
Jim has been quite busy these last weeks due to this horrible incident but life is a bit quieter now so Jim while trying to distract himself has just these last few days been reading Fodor's threads. But he is not yet up to posting but will when the time is right for him.

Consequently he asked me if I would post this message for him on the Forum and on the US and Europe Boards so that his Fodor Friends would know why he has not been posting

For any of you who would like to post a message to Jim you can do so on this thread and know that Jim will read them and share your posts with his family.

They will still have the murder trial to go through in a few months so it will be quite awhile before this dear family will be able to properly have some quiet time to try to adjust to life without their adored Diff.

RIP Christopher
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OH NO!! What a terrible thing! I SO enjoyed JJBhouy's accounts of his family.

JJBHOY,
I know there is nothing we can say to ease your pain, but please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:04 PM

Wow, how terrible.

Jim,

Though I do not know you, I pray for your strength to get through these painful days. May the memories you have of your beloved son sustain you in some way and though there is no comfort during this time a memory may bring a smile to your heavy heart.

May God bless you and your family.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:13 PM

JJbhoy (Jim)- I have never laughed harder than when I read your trip report of NYC(my home). I am so sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:36 PM

I'm so sorry to read this terrible news.

JJBhoy, I hope that you will find comfort in the many happy memories of your dear son (and the funny memories too - I'm thinking of the time he got you banned from ebay for bidding on the boat!).

Please know that you Liz and Paul are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:45 PM

What terrible news. I'm so very sorry for your loss, JJBhoy.
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM

Dear JJBhoy (Jim):

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear son Christopher. I am glad that you have good memories of your family holidays.

May God sustain and give you strength during this difficult time in your life.

Sandy

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Jim, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lee Ann
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 03:58 AM

JJBhoy- My deepest and sincerest condolences to you and your family. My heart goes out to you.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:42 AM

JJBhoy - I hope you find peace in the beautiful memories.

My sincere condolences to you and your family!
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:53 AM

JJBhoy - our thoughts and prayers are with you. No family should be subjected to pain like this.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:57 AM

Hi Jim, I echo everyone else's sentiments. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. Keep the memories close of all the great and wonderful memories you have of Diff. They will keep you strong. Trust in that.

Maria Cooper
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Dear Jim,

My deepest condolences on your profound loss. I hope you can rejoice in his life and wonderful spirit and celebrate the privilege of having had him in your life. I can think of no greater loss and my heart goes out to you.
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM

Oh Jim, I have tears in my eyes. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I send my sincere and heartfelt condolences. #39;(
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Dear Fodorites, I have just received a message from our JJBhoy.

He asked me to pass on his message that all of your posts have been read by he and his family and he wishes to convey how much your care and thoughtful messages meant to all of them.

When the time is right for Jim he will post his own message but for now he wanted me to convey his deepest thanks for your kindness.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Topping for Jim's message of last evening.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I am speechless.

Jim, my deepest condolences on your profound loss.

Parents should not suffer such losses.
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:28 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Lee
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 06:31 PM

Thanks for passing on his message, LoveItaly. My best wishes to him during this time.
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 06:52 AM

Jim,

I, too, share my condolences. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

What a horrible, senseless loss of life.

Karen