Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   LOVE Theater seats (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/love-theater-seats-685954/)

mrwunrfl Mar 7th, 2007 07:57 PM

LOVE Theater seats

What are the best seats for LOVE. Is the front row ok or is farther back better. How about 107 row A 12-13?

mrwunrfl Mar 7th, 2007 08:16 PM

Or 204 row N?
Here is the seating chart.
http://mirage-cds.admission.com/imag...irage_Love.png

happytrailstoyou Mar 8th, 2007 07:20 AM

I would go for 107, A12-13--definitely.

sistahlou Mar 8th, 2007 09:28 AM

Lori would know!!!

Back is better for this one in my opinion. We were in the second to last row, which are considered prime seats!

Gellers Mar 8th, 2007 11:57 AM

To be fair, the ONLY time I see recommendations on here for "far-away" seats is for LOVE, specifically.

We will be seeing it in May...looking forward to it!

Gellers Mar 8th, 2007 11:59 AM

BTW, I'm an experienced theatre-goer, and from what I've heard about this show, it doesn't seem out of the question that "bad" seats would be good. Same with a lot of the Cirque shows--you'll hear a lot of "there's no bad seats" for shows like O or La Reve due to the setup.

mrwunrfl Mar 8th, 2007 12:58 PM

Thanks for all of the input, especially from people who have seen the show.

htty, your answer seems to ridicule my question. If you take a look at the seating diagram that I posted then you will see that this is not an ordinary theater.

I'm not sure that row A would provide the right perspective. If it is level with the stage then I probably don't want it. If it is raised above the stage then maybe.

I think that 105A might be ok because it is more central to the stage.

Is the show VERTICAL? Like Le Reve. I would have hated to be in the front 5 or 6 rows for that show. Sitting 20 rows back was much better.

I'm not asking about the difference between 107-A and 305-DD but between row A and a few, or several rows back.

I think I will probably go with row N if it is still available. That looks more like the general location I had at Le Reve. The price for seats in rows K,L,M are going up today, so N will be the first row beyond the high-priced seat (I have a comped tower room at Caesars for three nights plus other comps but the fact that row N at LOVE costs less than row M means that I will probably go for it).

sistahlou Mar 8th, 2007 01:15 PM

Havent seen LeReve but a good bit of action begins from the far corners of the ceiling, if that helps.

stumpworks73 Mar 8th, 2007 03:58 PM

Been there, seen LOVE. The mid theatre seats have the best view of all the action. Too close to the stage and you miss the overhead and mid theater players. I agree that for traditional theater row 6 or 8 are great stuff. LOVE is different.

mrwunrfl Mar 8th, 2007 06:13 PM

My sincere apologies to anyone who was offended by this, it was not my intent at any point. Row 8 center probably would be better than row 1 just about anywhere.

stumpworks73, thanks for that. So there is action above the stage, overhead. And there is enough action across the stage to miss some at the center and at the far end if down low. I suppose that the six ramps are used for entrances (like in Le Reve) so a broader field of view would be better. Row N it shall be.

mrwunrfl Mar 8th, 2007 06:18 PM

actually I didn't understand the row A definitely recommendation if row 8 is preferred. Since row 8 is H then row N will actually be closer to the preferred row than row A.

happytrailstoyou Mar 9th, 2007 09:27 AM

I regret the brouhaha and, upon reflection, believe that given the choice of 107, Row A, and 204, Row N, I would probably purchase the tickets in Row N.
Enjoy the show.

sistahlou Mar 9th, 2007 12:27 PM

All's well that ends well! Regrets? I've had a few....

mikesmom Mar 10th, 2007 04:14 AM

I saw LOVE for the second time on Thursday night. I would definitely choose Section 204 Row N over Section 107. The best seats in the house are not the closest to the stage or most expensive. I think the best Sections are 200 and 209. On Thursday evening, my husband and I were in Section 203, Row L, which cost $150 each. I believe they increased the price of these seats recently because they realized the better seats are in the higher sections.

When I saw LOVE in September, I was in Section 200, Row P and it was a better and less expensive seat.

Enjoy the show. It is great!

mrwunrfl Mar 10th, 2007 10:33 AM

Great info, mikesmom, thanks. The price increase was effective on March 8, Thursday!