Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles: Paramount Studio Tour or Warner Bros Tour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2014, 11:29 AM
erp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband, 13 year old daughter and I will be in Los Angeles mid August for 5 days. My daughter wants to go to a studio tour. I was planning on buying tickets to Paramount Tour, but then read some negative reviews/reviews commenting that WB was a better choice. We will also be visiting Universal Hollywood, LA Dodger game and some shopping, museums and beach. I appreciate your comments.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might want to check to see what shows are currently filming on each lot to see what might interest your family the most. My 15 year old niece was happy with the Paramount tour 3 years ago as Big Time Rush filmed there and she was able to go on the set, and also saw one of the show's stars on the lot. I had no idea who he was but she was very excited. As a movie fan, I also thought the tour was very interesting. The Warner's tour gets good reviews and I will probably take it the next time I'm in LA.
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 10:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If she likes Harry Potter, WB has a nice museum. Otherwise, in hot August, they're both just tram rides around a studio, you mostly see empty "stages" and they'll tell you what movies filmed on that stage eons ago. You might walk into an orchestra playing a music score or some sculptors at work, etc. You probably won't see actors walking around but if her fave is Big Bang then , of course, pick WB and cross your fingers.