Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Looking for Texas to Las Vegas Airfare... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/looking-for-texas-to-las-vegas-airfare-308973/)

gand Apr 20th, 2003 09:31 PM

Looking for Texas to Las Vegas Airfare...

Hello:<BR><BR>I have never gone to Las Vegas and have considered going at least one time. Do you know of any good deals out there from Texas to Las Vegas? Especially Austin or DFW area. I know that American airlines has return flights for about $200ish per person. <BR><BR>Is there an off-season to go? What are the lowest prices that you have been able to get and with which airlines? <BR><BR>I've gotten some great airfare deals to Europe in the past for about $400 pp so it just doesn't seem justified to spend too much for a much shorter flight. Thank you for any feedback...

angeleno Apr 20th, 2003 10:07 PM

you should try www.southwestvacations.com. i've found great deals from LA to LV through them

clarkgriswold Apr 20th, 2003 10:36 PM

Lowest roundtrip fare is usually about $219 out of San Antonio. You can check rates for your dates at www.orbitz.com<BR>Not sure how much it would cost you to park for a few days at SA airport. <BR><BR>Low season for Vegas (hotel-wise) is July, Aug and December. But weekday hotels are discounted throughout much of the year. <BR>Weekends the hotels will triple in price. Low airfares are probably difficult to find flying there on Fridays and returning on Sundays.

vegaslocal Apr 21st, 2003 05:20 AM

$200 roundtrip is an excellent fare, especially if that includes taxes. Since you didn't provide any dates, I checked all &quot;published&quot; fares available. From Dallas, fares are showing at $250 roundtrip plus taxes. The lowest fare from Austin is showing at $198 plus taxes.<BR><BR>These fares don't include Southwest Airline's fares so you'll have to go to their web site to check. Southwest is forbidden by Texas law to serve Nevada from DFW, but maybe they have a good fare from Austin.<BR><BR>Sometimes large companies get special negotiated airfares that they can use as part of a package. Go to Expedia, Orbitz, and whomever else you like. Then try booking a &quot;package&quot;. See if the total package price is less than when you price airfare and hotel seperately. If it is, you are probably getting one of these special airfares.<BR><BR>Low season here is when the weather is not desirable. June 15 through September 15, Sunday through Thursday, would be your best bet for hotel rates. Weekends and holidays are higher. Hope this helps.

ChristieP Apr 21st, 2003 05:49 AM

Fellow Texan here...<BR><BR>The best prices I've found for Vegas trips are to use a tour company, like MLT or Funjet. We went last summer for $425 per person, including 3 nights at a good hotel and round-trip airfare. Look for the specials in the Travel section of the weekend newspaper, then call an agent and book. The packages can be a VERY good deal!<BR><BR>I'm going next week, using AA Frequent Flyer miles, and the airfare for my companion was $250 out of DFW.

hyatt222 Apr 21st, 2003 08:55 AM

We got a great deal through the America West Vacation web site. http://www.theleisurecompany.com/v2/home.html<BR>The vacation we got includes 5 nights at the Mirage and airfare for $900 in early summer.

gand Apr 21st, 2003 03:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback...<BR><BR>Vegaslocal: you are 100% right about southwest not being allowed to fly from Love field in Fort Worth to Nevada.<BR><BR>I will look at the websites that you (y'all) mentioned. If I don't find anything then I will consider American airlines FF miles for one person!<BR><BR>Thank you once again...

Branv Apr 22nd, 2003 10:50 AM

Just thought I'd share, am traveling from Austin to Las Vegas, Friday May 9- Tuesday May 13, non-stop Southwest flights, 4 nights at the Aladdin, for $459 a person. From Southwest Vacation, www.swavacations.com . I checked Expedia &amp; Funjet (granted, Funjet wouldn't do charter deals from Austin for those dates, so this was flying American), and both were more expensive.<BR>

dan_ Apr 22nd, 2003 02:51 PM

I don't think $200 is a bad airfare at all for Texas to Vegas. You can't really compare flight distances-to-fares, though. I live in New Orleans and it's cheaper to fly to Los Angeles or New York than it is to Shreveport in the northern part of our state.

sister2 Apr 22nd, 2003 03:12 PM

YOu can fly SW DAL-Midland-Vegas round trip. I don't think you can beat the 200 fare you found from SAT or AUS, though. (have you checked Houston as well?) <BR><BR>

jadegirl Apr 22nd, 2003 09:39 PM

I have some very good deals for travelers heading to Vegas...if you would like to hear more email me at [email protected] with matchplay in the subject heading and I will get back to you. Thanx

flopmeister Apr 23rd, 2003 08:24 AM

Dallas to Las Vegas $223 round-trip $87 Saved <BR><BR>check out hotwire.com for low fares.