Looking for great Colorado "resort"

Old Feb 11th, 2020, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

Looking for great Colorado "resort"

I'm looking for a really nice place/area in Colorado for 6 adults (4 young adults, 2 older adults) that has big lap pool, spa treatments, has access to great restaurants, great hiking, beautiful surroundings, preferably near mountains and river. Just started my research so I'm hoping for some suggestions. We would be traveling in June. Thank you in advance!
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 12:32 PM

The Broadmoor? (not sure they have a lap pool though).
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 01:03 PM

Check out Mt. Princeton Resort. Not much of choices for dining, but their restaurant is pretty good, even great.

Last edited by andyg5056; Feb 11th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 01:47 PM

https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/Bes...-Colorado-r56/

FWIW, I used to organize a business convention at the Broadmoor every year. Unless things have changed, the decor and atmosphere were good for a business trip, but I would find it too stuffy/traditional for a vacation.
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 01:56 PM

Scroll down in this thread to MoBro's reply.

Dude Ranch Resort for family vacation
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 02:21 PM

Thanks for sharing, sf.
I always recommend Devil's Thumb Ranch, in beautiful Grand County, CO. Winter Park, CO, has been our second home since the 70s.
Its swimming pool is not for laps, though, as I recall, but it excels in everything else you're looking for.
https://www.devilsthumbranch.com
We have been going to this ranch for so many years, and have watched it change and grow into the fantastic eco-friendly place it is now. It's like Ralph Lauren and the Ritz Carlton combined.
DD was married there in 2016. Fantastic restaurants. Amazing views and great service. It's pricier than some, but it's worth it.
I took this picture, from the back porch of the Ranch House at DTR. The property extends all the way to the Continental Divide, in that direction. “As far as the eye can see”, as they say. Really a stunning property. Ziplining, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, biking, rafting, spa, etc.

Last edited by MoBro; Feb 11th, 2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jean View Post
https://travel.usnews.com/Hotels/Bes...-Colorado-r56/

FWIW, I used to organize a business convention at the Broadmoor every year. Unless things have changed, the decor and atmosphere were good for a business trip, but I would find it too stuffy/traditional for a vacation.
I agree.
Old Feb 12th, 2020, 02:28 PM

What is the budget?