Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for an upscale resort in Florida with beautiful accomodations and beautiful swimming pools.

Looking for an upscale resort in Florida with beautiful accomodations and beautiful swimming pools.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:30 AM
Susan

We are going in May, so would prefer West Palm Beach or somewhere on the gulf.

Thank you

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:41 AM
Beth

Have you considered the Naples area? It's much quieter than the east coast but offers many beautiful beaches, resorts, shopping areas and fantastic restaurants. The Ritz Carlton consistantly wins service/property awards...The Registry is also a beautiful spot! Good luck in your search.

Beth (from Naples!)

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:49 PM
Scott

If you got the money honey there are only two choices: the Breakers in Palm Beach or the Boca Raton Resot and Club. Both are 5 star and both are $$$$$. Check out their web sites.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:14 PM
chris

The Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is a very nice resort located in between Naples and Fort Myers. Luxurious rooms, four or five pools, well-landscaped property, and a boat that takes you to a private beach. The Ritz in Naples is also an extremely high performing hotel.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:20 PM
Lois

Susan.. Amelia Island is very exclusive too..and they have the Plantation and there is also a Ritz there. Its in Northern Florida as opposed to the Gulf.. but just thought I would give you another suggestion
Enjoy your trip, wherever you end up going!

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:20 AM
jill

Lois,

Can you tell me a bit about the Plantation at Amelia Island?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:51 AM
ralph

Hi,

My wife and I went to a resort on Duck Key called Hawk's Cay Resort. Very nice. Great pools and a little private cay off the ocean to swim in. Very low key.
Ralph