Search

Breakfast in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 02:26 AM
mud
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Breakfast in Key West

I'm leaving for Key West in the morning and have most of my trip planned. I am looking for a few good breakfast spots. We will probably go to Blue Heaven and Pepes but need another couple of ideas. Also, I purchased a new digital camera to take with us and I am unfamiliar with the digital media. Will the airport scanners effect the pictures stored on the memory stick ? If so, any sugestions ? THANKS!
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 04:50 AM

Other than Pepes and Blue Heaven, Camille's used to be the place to go for breakfast. It was small, and packed, but had great breakfast. Then they up and moved to bigger quarters. It's a little off the beaten path and I swear the food isn't as good. I still go there. I have been for years. What can I tell you.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 12:43 PM

Personally, I like to slide over to the Paradise Cafe, 1000 Eaton St, at breakfast time. It's sandwiches only, but a cafe con leche, an order of Cuban toast and the Citizen kick-start me in the morning. Prices are right, as well--does a huge locals business.

The scanners won't bother your digital-camera cards. As a beginner, you might be tempted to take pictures at a lower-resolution to get more on a card. Don't do it! Take them at a high-jpg resolution. Get more cards if necessary, but don't be chintzy on your picture-taking.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 12:47 PM

You know what the breakfast at the Hyatt was awesome! The OJ was simply to die for.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 05:32 PM

WE WERE JUST THERE LAST WEEK, AND HAD A WONDERFUL BREAKFAST AT CROISSANTS DE FRANCE AT 816 DUVAL STREET. ENJOY YOUR TRIP!
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 04:26 AM

Ditto to Croissants de France. Fresh croissants - huge servings of fruit.
Old Oct 7th, 2003, 01:54 PM

If you like diner-type breakfasts and atmosphere, a couple of years ago we had one of the best breakfasts of our lives at Breakfast Anytime. I don't remember the address but it was a couple of blocks north of Duval. Not elegant, but Cuban toast and Cuban coffee to die for, and the friendliest service you can imagine. I only hope it's still there.