Looking for a seafood restaurant near Murray Hill

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be going to NYC in a few weeks for a girls weekend with family. My Mom and my aunt are picky eaters. We plan on staying in the Murray Hill area. Does anyone have any suggestions for good places to eat close to Murray Hill for breakfast and dinner?
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:23 PM

I was all set with recommendations near Murray Hill in Beaverton, OR. Sorry I can't help with Murray Hill, NYC.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

LOL! Thanks anyway beachbum.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 04:08 PM

What's your budget for dinner? And will they eat only seafood?

A couple of obvious options not too far away are Docks (3rd nr 40th) which is not bad - and the Oyster Bar at Grand Central.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM
mp

Murray Hill is not known for it's wide culinary selection, but besides the old reliables mentioned by nytraveler, I'd suggest:
Black Duck (technically south of Murray Hill on 28th bet. Park and Lex - terrific New American food - very tasty in a cute atmosphere))
Avra Estiatorio on 48th between Lex & 3rd - wonderful Greek food, impeccable grilled fish, great sunday brunch)
Barking Dog on 34th bet. 3rd & Lex for breakfast and lunch - good eggs and burgers
Josie's on 3rd Ave and 37th St. for healthy salads and pretty good entrees
Rare Bar and Grill - very hot rooftop bar and very good burgers Lexington and 37th St.
If you expand your neighborhood choice a bit, you'll experience what great things NYC has to offer.
Old Aug 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM

You will be close to one of my favorite places - Cibo. They offer several seafood dishes on their summer menu and the prox fixe special is a terific deal. I've had the mussels appetizer, the scallops, the skate and the salmon, all of which were good. http://cibonyc.com/
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 04:13 AM
GoTravel

Just to clarify, Black Duck is inside the Park South Hotel on the corner of 28th and Lex.

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 10:05 AM

For breakfast, Sarge's deli is not bad along with Barking Dog and Pershing Square near Grand Central.

For dinner, I hear the Silverleaf Tavern is very good inside the 70 Park Hotel. Artisanal is a wonderful French brasserie (specializing in cheese but has everything). If you want seafood, the best would be Blue Water Grill at Union Square. You're not far from the Water Club but it's more about the view and the ambiance than the food (although lunch or brunch or a drink there would be nice).

Saga on Lexington & 39th is a place I haven't tried but comes up on a search for seafood in the neighborhood. Here's the reviews.

http://menupages.com/restaurantdetai...1&cuisineid=55

Minado is an all you can eat Japanese buffet with lots of sushi etc. It's very good and great value.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 10:11 AM

For the best seafood in NYC, take a taxi to BLT Fish on W. 17th Street. Be sure to request a table upstairs (different menu). It's amazing!

(If you want something from the downstairs raw bar, just ask and it'll be brought up to you.)
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We still aren't sure where we'll go, but we have some great new ideas.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 08:27 PM

I'd suggest City Crab. It's not in Murray Hill, but w/i the walking distance or a short cab ride. I don't remember the exact address, but I know it's on Park Avenue S. & 19th St.