Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Looking for a hotel that provides shuttle service to both JFK and Laguarda airport.

Search

Looking for a hotel that provides shuttle service to both JFK and Laguarda airport.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Julie

Hi, I am in looking for a hotel that provides shuttle service to both JFK and LGA airports. I will have a one night lay-over in August and require simple lodging with the required shuttle service. Also looking to keep the price below $100 US. Anyone have any suggestions? My searches on the internet provide expensive hotels or else no informatin on the the shuttle service that I am looking for. (I have never been to New York before)

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 01:13 PM
xxx

You will not find a hotel in the city that provides a shuttle service as a hotel amenity. You will have to look into private options. If you are staying at an airport hotel, say, the Wyndham LaGuardia, they may have a shuttle to and from LaGuardia but will not have one to JFK.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 04:43 PM
s

So far as I know there is no such animal. Some hotels close to LGA offer a shuttle service but not to JFK; same for hotels near JFK. A taxi from one to the other will cost around $20 with a tip.

To see what options are available going from one to the other go to
www.panynj.gov. Click on airports

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Howard

It's doubtful you'll find what you're looking for. And, at that price, you'll be lucky just to find a hotel room!
I assume you want service for both airports since you are arriving at one and departing from the other, right?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:38 AM
tweedy

Julie,

The closest "shuttle" service you will find will be public transit. The A train goes from Manhattan to JFK and you can take a combination of bus/train to LaGuardia. It is time consuming but cheap one way will be $1.50.

Sometimes I think the train to JFK is actually quicker than taking a cab, if the traffic is bad. Once to get to JFK there is a free shuttle to take you to your terminal.

Other than a cab or car service (which is a flat rate) there is also now the Blue Van (800-blue-van) and that is a discounted price to/from airport and to/from hotel.

Hope this helps have a good time while you are here.

tweedy