Search

looking at 3 ft. lauderdale area restaurants for parents anniv. please help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2003, 07:45 AM
jtp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking at 3 ft. lauderdale area restaurants for parents anniv. please help

Via Zagats I am looking at the following restaurants in the Ft. Launderdale area for my parent's anniversary- this will be a gift certificate gift- Casa de Angelo, Cafe Martorano, or Cafe Vico.
The folks are former New Yorkers (now Pompano Beach dwelelrs) who appreciate fine food -- they have both been in poor health, so can use a special night out...any first hand recommendations or feedback, welcome! Thank you.
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 08:31 AM

Sorry I don't know about any of the three mentioned restaurants, but I do know that Mark's Las Olas is my favorite restuarant in Florida and at the top of my list for all of the US. Unless it is a little too "trendy" or contemporary for them. An excellent, quiet and romantic, but quiet place is the delightful Left Bank restaurant. They have a pretty extensive website you can check out via Google.
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 08:38 AM

Our favorite restaurant is in Deerfield Beach. Brooks Restaurant. Always a fantastic dinner. And they have gift certificates.

www.brooks-restaurant.com
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 09:51 AM

I can't speak for the three restaurants you mention, either, but we just ate at Bonefish Grill and LOVED it!

It's on University Ave (Dr.?) a mile or so south of Sample Rd -- don't know what town that puts it in.

I had an amazing mahi mahi with pineapple butter rum sauce (yum!) and my husband had a pork loin that he raved over.

Good luck!
Old Aug 30th, 2003, 04:15 PM

I live in Boca Raton and have eaten in Cucina d' Angelo, the sister restaurant to Casa d' Angelo that is here in Boca. It is wonderful. Great food and beautiful atmosphere. Although I have never eaten in Casa d' Angelo, I hear it is terrific. You may want to look at their website: http://www.casa-d-angelo.com/ Good Luck!!
Old Aug 31st, 2003, 09:45 PM

In Ft Lauderdale, I LOVE the Cafe De Paris on Las Olas- get the prix fix dinners and it will be MORE than enough for your parents..MY parents LOVED it there...I gave my hubs a 60th birthday party in their upstairs room..

Here is a write up on them:

CAFE de Paris:

Familiar French food, tables inside on two floors, and tables outside in a tiny sidewalk cafe area is a formula that has worked well at Cafe de Paris for more than 40 years. On the menu are all the traditional favorites in French cookery, from crepes and Chicken Cordon Bleu to rack of lamb, beef Wellington and filet mignon bearnaise. Prices are reasonable for fine French cooking, which may also help to explain the restaurant's allure. A piano bar provides delightful background music to dine by.
Details

Address: 715 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale 33301

Neighborhood: Downtown Ft Lauderdale

Phone: +1 954 467 2900

Fax: +1 954 467 2308

Hours: Lunch: 11:30am-2:30pm Mon-Sat; Dinner: 5:30pm-11pm daily

Credit: Visa
Mastercard
Amex
Diners
Discover

Extras: Reservations Recommended

Downstairs there is a piano player and 2 very neat quaint rooms plus an outdoor patio for dining....FOOD is awesome--esp rack of Lamb, Onion Soup and for dessert , the BEST chocolate ganache I have ever had...reminded me of a vacation to PARIS...