Reload this Page >

Long term (3wks)parking at Logan?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Mare

The cost for three weeks at a satellite parking lot using a discount coupon is outrageous. I was wondering if anyone knows of any "hidden" deals.

A few years ago, there was a place that did oil changes and any other work you wanted done to your car, then let you park in their lot for a very reasonable fee. We left our car with them for 2 1/2 weeks, and it worked out great. I can't remember the name of the company, and my searches aren't turning up anything. Does anyone know if they still exist? Just thought I'd check before we gave up and settled for a mix of public transportation and cabs.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Leslie

Why don't you just take Logan Express instead of driving to the airport? Or for that matter a cab or the Blue Line. If you happen to live in NH, western Mass., or Rhode Island, take a bus that will take you to South Station, then switch to a bus that will take you to Logan or else take a cab. Last choice is the water shuttle from Rowes Wharf.

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Mare

There are no Logan Express locations near us, and a cab the entire way would cost almost as much as parking. As I already mentioned, we know we can do a combo of cab and train, but it would not be very convenient. The trains (from the town next to us) only run a few times a day, so we will have to leave for the airport about 9 hours before our flight. That's why I am asking about parking.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 04:46 AM
bennie

I believe the Thrifty car rental on the McClellan Highway offers the service you are thinking about. But be aware that post 9/11 all the satellite lots have raised their rates as has Central Parking. You might consider Central Parking as they have a maximum rate that might be cost effective for you.

Also consider one of the livery services like US Shuttle or Granada. I live almost in NH and roundtrip for us was about $90. Just another option to think about.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Ann

I don't understand how you can live outside the city and not be able to drive to a Logan Express well before you hit the city. There's one in Framingham, Braintree, and Woburn (I think) so that no matter what direction you're heading in from, you could park there and take the bus directly to Logan. I drove there yesterday and believe me, the traffic from the end of the Pike to the Callahan tunnel was single file and a snail's pace. You really don't want to do that. On the other hand, although the Sumner Tunnel was backed up into Chelsea, I took the Williams and was home in no time at all! Driving to Logan is not for the timid!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 05:45 AM
Judi

There is also a Logan Express in Peabody. If you do check out Thrifty mention WEEI radio to them for a good discount. I used that in February - not positive it is still being honored.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Leslie

Do you mind telling us where you are coming from?

Even a livery service from Worcester is only going to cost about $75 and that price is not per person - it is for the whole car and driver.

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Sue

How about the day before your trip rent a car at the airport. Budget and Enterprise claim they have $10 cars (but after taxes it is much more). Or maybe Priceline.

On the day of your trip, drop off the luggage and return the car and have the car rental shuttle take you to the terminal.