Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Waiting for up-grade to first class on flight to Zurich on Delta for September 15th

Waiting for up-grade to first class on flight to Zurich on Delta for September 15th

Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First time asking for up-grade. Does anyone have any info. Me & husband (TR) got ecom. tickets on Delta to Zuich for 9/15/07. We went on a wait list for up-grade, TR got up-grade I am still waiting! Does anyone have any experience with up-grades this is our first time, and didn't know they would up-grade one without the other
How does this work.
Called airlines and was told I still have a good chance to up-grade due to about 20 seats still available.

Would appreciate anyones experience with Delta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 09:42 AM

If they told you you have a good chance that means they're almost positive you'll get it. But they won;t release the seat to you until they're positive. All you can do is wait - and keep checking - very pleasantly.
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your info, I really don't want to spend a trip to Europe next to someone I don't know, and on top of that my husband sitting in first class! Thanks for easing my mind!
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM

This should be on the Airlines or Europe board. Patty is our resident DL expert on the Airlines board may know better there.

BTW, the princess should sit in business class. The husband sits in the back - even if he was already a prince before you married him.
Old Jul 22nd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

rkkwann,

I agree, I was going to be nice the split the time half and half! He already offered for me to go in first class, but I felt guitly!