Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Loking for some favorite restaurants in Naples Florida.

Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be down in Naples Florida at the end of the month for 6 nights. My husband & I will have my 16 yr. old son and one of his good friends also 16 yrs. old. We are meeting my brother, his wife and my niece. We are also planning to meet three of my friends with two of their young daughters. So at times we may go out in a group. We are loking for good food. Any suggestions?
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 04:24 PM

Campiello's on 3rd Street for great Italian fare. You can sit outside and eat. This was my favourite.

Patrick, who lives in Naples, will probably be able to give you some other suggestions.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 04:42 PM

I second Campiello's. I'd also say the Riverwalk at Tin City and Yabba's Island Grill on 5th.
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:22 PM

I think Campiello remains one of my favorites and is good for what you describe. Make a reservation and then try to sit on the patio.

The kids especially will like Tommy Bahamas where you also can sit outside. Very busy place, casual, sometimes steel drums or Calypso music at night. The best chicken quesadilla!

The Riverwalk at Tin City, and The Dock at Crayton Cove are sister restaurants -- screened in very casual places on the water. Great for fish and chips, hamburgers, and some grilled or fried fish meals.

You will see a big place near Tin City called Joe's Crab House. You'll want to eat there. DON'T!!!!

Yabba has a great young feel to it. I can't NOT order the half jerk roasted chicken with smashed potatoes and grilled vegetables. The place is right on the Plaza on Fifth Avenue. Facing it is the very casual McCabe's Irish Pub with outdoor seating.

Mangrove Cafe, down the street is a little fancier, but has great food with Carribean influence.

Pazzo and Chops are two more restaurants -- very trendy -- owned by the same people as Yabba's. There is also another Chops up in Bonita.

Speaking of Bonita, Roy's at Bonita Bay is great!

For really casual lunch, go to Buzz's Lighthouse, a hole in the wall on Vanderbilt Beach -- bay side just north of The Ritz. Sit on the back deck and get grouper ruebens.

Almost directly across the street from there is the Turtle Club, where you literally sit on the beach, a little more upscale menu.

Another whole direction -- downtown is ST. George and the Dragon, one of our oldest restaurants. Fantastic interior of ship's antiques. Steaks and prime rib here are as good as you'll find. Everybody else raves about the coconut crusted shrimp. No reservations, so expect a wait unless you come early or late.

I have about 50 more suggestions. Anything more specific you're looking for or a particular location?
Old Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:06 AM

We are anxiously awaiting our annual trek down to my parents in Naples for spring break, and Patrick, your list of restaurants is making my mouth water! We have been to most of the restaurants you have mentioned and can't wait to plan the week of restaurant hopping! I love it that my mother doesn't care to cook!