Search

Lodging in Yountville/St. Helena?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lodging in Yountville/St. Helena?

Hello,
I stayed in Napa a year ago at the La Residence B&B and found it enjoyable. For an upcoming trip in the fall of this year, however, I'd like to try someplace new. I'm thinking perhaps something in the Yountville or St. Helena area where there is a more interesting surrounding.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel/motel or B&B for around $200-225? (Or less, but around $200 is probably our cap on rates!) Thanks!
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 11:43 AM

Try The Yountville Inn. It's very nice and if you can stay during the week you will receive a better rate. I think they have Fall specials, you could check their webiste @ www.yountvilleinn.com

In St. Helena, we have enjoyed The Harvest Inn, but is rather pricey. We stayed there under our Entertainment Book rate which was 50% off the regular rate.

You also may want to check out Calistoga. I really like the Indian Springs Resort. www.indianspringscalistoga.com is the web address. They may also have Fall specials. There are also some nice Best Westerns and Comfort Suites in Calistoga for moderately priced lodging. Have fun! ***kim***
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM

We're booked at the Petit Logis in Yountville for $179/night in May. We haven't been there yet, but booked based on the great recommendations in the Hotels section of this web site.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 01:01 PM
jgr

We stayed in The Napa Valley Lodge last October and it was nice. The rate was $199.00 per night but, it was just past the harvest season and I got that rate by calling the hotel directly.
Old Mar 15th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Kal

alllohaaaa,
How fancy-schmancy do you want it?

We usually stay in Younville 2x a year. For bike riding in the summer we stay at the funky Railway Inn. Old rail cars turned into long and narrow hotel rooms.

Right next dorr to Vintage 1870 shopping area and right across the street from Hurley's, Bouchon, Pacific Blues Cafe, Cuncina Ala Carte, and a very short walk to Compadres, Bistro Jeanty, Pere Jeanty, Piattis' Fr Laundry, Gordon's and Napa Grille.

For our T'giving trip we hit the Bordeaux House on the same street but about a block north. Nice place. Large room, wood burning fireplace, very nice innkeeper.

I think both may be available for under $200 but depending on the time you stay, there may be a 2 night minimum.

We've stayed there and then have taken a taxi up to St Helena, Martini House, for dinners. Taxi Cabernet. Love the name!

The Priceline hotel in Napa usually is the Marriott which is farther down the road but you may want to check out biddingfortravel.com and see what's up.
Good luck.
Kal
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM

We just got back from a trip were we stayed at the Villagio in Yountville. Very nice, walking distance to shops, restaurants, and a great included buffet breakfast. I'd request an interior room, some of the rooms toward the back are close to the highway.
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 01:59 PM
alg

We have stayed at the Lavender Inn in Yountville (sister property to Maison Fleurie and not quite as expensive). Very nice rooms, great location, and extras like wine/cheese hour and breakfast.