Reload this Page >

lodging in wine ctry &Donatello Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 07:16 AM
s

Currently booked lodging at The Lavender Inn in Yountville. Would we be better located if we booked in Calistoga or St. Helena areas? In terms of wineries, spa, things to do. Before flying home we thought we would stay in San Fran for the night (shorter drive to the airport the next morning), is this a good idea and we could stay at The Donatello Hotel with points. Is this a nice place in a good area of town (w/overnite parking for our car rental?) This is a special trip, so any suggestions on must do's are welcomed!

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 03:37 PM
John

Mike:

I have stayd at the Donatello. Great spot for union square. Nice hotel, parking right under the hotel, nice management. Have fun@
JOHN

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:38 PM
Trent

I am not familiar with the hotel, but I have been to Napa Valley three times. I just got back from four days in Napa on 9/3. You will be fine in Yountville. The wineries are so close in Napa, the location will not make much of a difference. Enjoy the wine! The people at the wineries are very friendly. I am not a huge wine drinker but I love to visit Napa.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Susan

Thanks for some feedback. I am rethinking The Donatello hotel because of location. We can use points at The Huntington in Nob Hill area which sounds like a very nice place to stay.
Can anyone tell me if we should stay in Calistoga instead because the spas are all there?? Or St. Helena because its more of a midway point?

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Susan

Ah, fellow Susan, I *love* the Huntington. Definitely stay there if you can use points.

Calistoga is at the far north end of Napa valley. If you stay in St. Helena you can make a day trip to Calistoga for mud baths, etc. but Calistoga would not be the most central place to base yourselves.

There are spas also in Healdsburg, Napa, and Yountville if you want to stay farther south. But the mud is primarily in Calistoga.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Susan

One more thing. If you are interested in nice spas you have to book a treatment at the Nob Hill Spa in the Huntington Hotel. It is a gorgeous place with an indoor pool with a view of the city. Enjoy!