Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Lodging in Boston ? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/lodging-in-boston-320487/)

ramoram Mar 10th, 2008 01:15 PM

Lodging in Boston ?

Hi.
Iīm planning to spend Christmas days along to my family in Boston. Any lodging recommendations? We would like to stay around Back Bay area.
One more thing : Any idea to spend Christmas Eve in Boston Area?

Thanks for your help.

Ramón
Caracas-Venezuela

tchoiniere Mar 10th, 2008 02:26 PM

How much are you looking to spend per night and how many nights?

What sights do you want to see?

ramoram Mar 10th, 2008 02:34 PM

We will stay for 6 nights from december 22nd to december 27th.
We donīt know; just hang around and get to know the city.

Thanks
Ramón

ramoram Mar 10th, 2008 02:35 PM

Our lodging budget would be around 200 -250 per night.
RR

socialworker Mar 10th, 2008 02:56 PM

I suggest a hotel in the middle of the Back Bay neighborhood. Weather is iffy at that time of year and you will be within walking distance of so much and also very close to public transportation.

wyatt92 Mar 10th, 2008 04:17 PM

Check out the Back Bay Hilton, Westin Copley, Copley Marriott, Lenox, Courtyard Marriott, Fairmont Copley and Charlesmark. They are all centrally located in the Back Bay.

escargot Mar 10th, 2008 08:10 PM

You will find plenty to do during that week in Boston, day and night - you may want to keep an eye on www.boston.com and www.cityofboston.com and the visitors page - for the theater/arts/ special events in mid fall and on for tickets to some holiday events
while you are in town - the Boston Pops, wonderful holiday concerts and readings - in beautiful churches in the city - museum offerings -

MsXscape Mar 11th, 2008 05:22 PM

Also check out the Lenox. During that time of year, previous poster is right, want to stay CLOSE to some action. Also look around Fanueil Hall area. There is a wyndam there that is often reasonable. The prices then are jacked high. There is a really nice residence in over in Charlestown that will shuttle you in to Fanueil hall. For the hotels mentioned earlier, I think you could have trouble during Christmas time at that price. Also while you are at it check out the Jury's. Equally pricey but worth checking out. They often have good deals at that Sheraton at the prudential center and or the westin.

ramoram Mar 12th, 2008 07:52 AM

Do you think it would be good idea If I book Boston Hotel way in advance though? I can do it right now if this is convenient in order to avoid price increasing due to Christmas Holidays.

Thanks

Ramón
Caracas-Venezuela

gail Mar 12th, 2008 08:27 AM

Check cancellation policy - almost every hotel allows you to cancel either by 6 PM day of arrival or sometimes 24-48 hours prior to arrival without paying a fee if you book with them or on their website. And after you book check back a few times to make sure prices have not dropped. With the US economy and cost of travel, hotels are sometimes lowering their prices. If you book now, you are sure of a room and can always cancel and get the lower rate or just ask for the lower rate later.

escargot Mar 12th, 2008 01:28 PM

If you can book it now at a good price - some hotels may not yet be booking for Christmas - we were just recently able to book for Thanksgiving in another city - couldn't do it a few weeks ago -