Reload this Page >

Location in Savannah: Marriott, Courtyard, Radisson or Hilton de Soto

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
Susan Pinker

I've never been to Savannah before and all of these hotels: the Courtyard at 415 W Liberty, the Radisson at 411 W Bay, the Hilton de Soto at 15 E Liberty, and the Marriott at 100 Gen. McIntosh blvd. all have the same rates and all say that they are in the "historic district." Is any one of these hotels in a better location than another, is any one hotel superior to the rest. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,
Susan.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 10:40 AM
xxx

The best, IMHO, is the Radisson. However, in Savannah I think that the Hyatt has the best location.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 06:05 PM
de

We stayed at the DeSoto last spring, and really enjoyed it. From the outside, it looks like a 60's experiment gone bad. But inside, the rooms are well-appointed, the lobby welcoming, and the staff treats you with the same southern hospitality that you'll find at a smaller place.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Heather

The Radisson is right on the Savannah River, but all are in the historic district. I've only stayed at the Radisson and found it to be quite nice. I'll agree with the other poster that the de Soto looks funky from the outside. Savannah's historic district is fairly compact, so from any of these locations you'll be in distance of anything that you want to see.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Patrick

I just stayed at the Courtyard on Liberty a few weeks ago. The hotel is less than a year old and very nice. One of the nicer Courtyard rooms I've ever had. It is right on the edge of the historic district but in the middle of it lengthwise, so it is nice for walking either direction. We walked up to and along the river and had a great dinner at Bistro Savannah, and walked a few blocks to Wilkes Boarding House for breakfast.

Old Dec 24th, 2002, 11:39 AM
OliveOyl

Heather, I wonder how long ago you stayed at the Radisson? There has been one built since we moved but it is close to City Market and not right on the river. I don't think they've built anything new directly on the river (Savannah side...Westin went up on Hutchison Island). What is now the Marriot on Gen McIntosh used to be a Radisson, but that was a minimum of 7-8 years ago. The only major hotels directly on the river, (wonderful for viewing the amazing shipping traffic) are the Westin, Marriott and Hyatt.