Litchfield Beach/ Murrell's Inlet cookies

Jan 28th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Litchfield Beach/ Murrell's Inlet cookies

I'm getting married at Huntington Beach State park in July '04, and I know it's going to be very, very warm. Too hot for a traditional wedding cake, I'm sure. I found a recipe for delicious sounding, but simple Mexican Wedding Cakes (which actually are cookies!), and I'd like to have a bunch baked by someone local. Can anyone recommend your favorite bakery? It doesn't have to be anything fancy - the recipe is really simple, but the volume of cookies I'd need to have baked fresh probably requires a professional.

I'd appreciate lots of suggestions, as I'm visiting Litchfield Beach soon, and I can check out the bakeries when I get there.

Thanks!
Michelena
Jan 29th, 2004, 01:50 AM

Your caterer should be able to do it for you. There is a caterer just off route 17 in Pawley's Island. You could check at the restaurant at Litchfield Plantation to see if they could do it. I don't think it would be too hot for a wedding cake however. Not sure I understand that.
Feb 2nd, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Actually I'd rather not use the caterer for the cookies, as I've found that things associated with a wedding are priced double or higher than the same thing when it's NOT associated with a wedding.

If I could find a good baker, provide the recipe and be quoted a price on the cost associated with making cookies rather than on "wedding food" I'm sure I'll find a much better price for the same thing.

I'm hoping that this is a good forum to find someone in the area who appreciates a good cookie made for a fair price. I just want to buy some cookies from a good bakery. I've got the wedding planning part under control. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread