New Year at Las Vegas ?

Search

New Year at Las Vegas ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Year at Las Vegas ?

We are considering a last minute trip to Las Vegas for New Years and a few days afterwards...

can anyone tell me what happens in Vegas at New Years? Are all the usual shows running? Do they have fireworks etc?

Thanks
Kevin
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM

Sorry. Can't tell you. You know what they say "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"
Old Oct 13th, 2013, 08:11 PM

I haven't been there at New Years, but my neighbors went over New Years a year ago. They said everything was so crowded and it was a madhouse--not in a fun way. They said they'd never go back over New Years again.
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 03:26 AM

If you're not a fan of huge throngs of people dancing or huge throngs of people standing around drinking then don't pick a club, Las Vegas Boulevard or the Fremont Street Experience as your New Year's Eve headquarters. A lot of the shows in town do something special for the occasion, too, so you could catch a Broadway show and then toast another year with a bunch of like-minded people.
This is Vegas and while the sun is almost always shining during the day and the temperatures can be quite pleasant, it is still the desert and it does cool off quite a bit at night, so be prepared if you're going to join the party outside on the Strip. Bundle up and save your cute little black dress for the indoor parties. On the other hand, don't forget to drink plenty of water.
Be aware that if you're trying to get into one of the jam-packed hotels on New Year's Eve, you could run into some technical difficulties. A number of Strip hotels, in an effort to keep the crowds inside within occupancy limits set by county officials, will allow only those with proof they are guests of the resorts to enter the properties during the height of the festivities outside.

http://www.vegas.com/newyears/
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son has done it twice.It is pretty crazy.
They close off portions of the street for pedestrians
and there is much drinking.
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 07:06 AM

As a Vegas local for the past 8 years, I can tell you to avoid the strip, it's total chaos!! I went a few years ago and we were on the corner of the strip and Flamingo. There were beer bottles flying, broken glass everywhere, and so many people it was almost hard to breathe from being so squished. Oh yeah, there were no Port-a-pottys, so had to resort to using bushes; not my first choice. But if you must, don't go to center strip go to Mandalay Bay area or Strastophere, should be less crowded and maybe they have bathrooms.
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 07:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I went several years ago and will be going this year. Have you contacted any hotels? That's a tough time to get a room in any of the strip hotels. Also dinner reservations could also be difficult to come by. I wouldn't go if I was just booking a trip an paying for it myself. I'd go at a less crowded time.

It's just really really crowded.