Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Limo from Orlando to WDW worth the expense?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering a limo ride for my kids, ages 6 and 10, from the airport to the Disney resort. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the expense? Any recommendations on a good company?
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are Tiffany Town Car, Yourride.net
Florida Tours. They all offer Lincoln Town Cars or limos. Go to www.disboards.com and scroll to the Disney transporation forum for further info.
Old Aug 2nd, 2003, 06:48 AM

Honestly I think children this age would appreciate the extra money on say a character breakfast, or staying on grounds, disney souveniers ect....but hey, you might already be doing this so if you have the extra $ I can't begrudge you, have fun!!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 09:22 PM

Well that ride will probably take you all of 15 minutes. So you might want to try another form of travel, it just seems that it would be a bit expensive for such a short journey. But if you think your kids would really enjoy it, then go for it! You will be on vacation after all!
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 04:59 AM

From what I've read on the disboards many families do the towncar because:

1. Its cool to have a driver standing at the airport holding a sign with your name if you've never had that experience before. Kids all seem to love it.
2. If you are not renting a car you have to spend some money to get from the airport to your hotel. The cost of the towncar is only slightly more expensive that the Mead Shuttle or a cab for a family of four.
3. The Mead Shuttle will have lots of other passengers who are going to other hotels so it is time consuming to be on the bus.
4. The towncar services will stop at a grocery store for you if you want to pick up supplies for your room. Bottle water, snacks etc are so much cheaper if bought in bulk.

So it has also seemed to me that these services are worth the money if you are not renting a car. We've always had a rental so I haven't had first hand experience.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:24 AM

We just got back from WDW and used Mears shuttle service to/from airport to disney resort. It cost us (2 adults) approx. $56 roundtrip.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mears Shuttle charges "per person". If you have more than two people, it actually costs LESS to hire the town cars.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 03:59 PM

I just received a coupon in the mail today from WDW for the Mears Shuttle. With the discount, the charges for the shuttle are:
$25/Adult
$17/Child (4-11 yrs)

If you have or will have reservations at a WDW Resort, you will most likely receive this coupon. The prices without the coupon are:
$28/Adult
$20/Child

Hope this info helps you in your decision.