Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   LilMsFoodie... (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/lilmsfoodie-473642/)

buckeyemom Sep 12th, 2004 05:17 AM

LilMsFoodie...

I read in the "Saying Goodbye" thread your husband passes away. I am so sorry for your loss. Do you have anyone to call? Is there anything I can do for you?

Peace be with you.

ellen_griswold Sep 12th, 2004 05:34 AM

Oh LilMsFoodie, i too am so very sorry to hear this awful news. There are certainly no words at a time like this but you have my deepest sympathy and i will keep you in my prayers.

emd Sep 12th, 2004 05:45 AM

I am hoping that the place LilMsFoodie has evacuated to has people who are helping at least in practical ways during this time. I can't get her off of my mind and I can't imagine what this must be like for her, to be away from home in such a stressful situation when this personal devastation hits.
Many here are thinking of you this morning, LilMsFoodie.

indytravel Sep 12th, 2004 06:20 AM

LilMsFoodie, I too love your advice here.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your husband's sudden death. Nothing I can say will make it better.

Please know that many people are thinking about and praying for you.

Patrick Sep 12th, 2004 06:25 AM

Whoa. I read that post about LilMsFoodie losing a beloved pet a few years ago, and totally missed the tiny sentence near the end that her husband dies suddenly the day before. I though you were confused, buckeyemom, but just went back and see you are indeed right. She had just mentioned to me about our getting together in Naples and discussing the "care" problems -- her with her husband and me with my mother.

LilMsFoodie, my deepest sympathies. I know you're in Orlando riding out the storm and hope you have someone close to comfort you. Let's do lunch as soon as possible!

Meesthare Sep 12th, 2004 06:37 AM

I'm so sorry, LilMsFoodie - I wish there were something we could say or do that would offer comfort. Just please know you're in my thoughts, and I'm sure that's true for all of us here.

LilMsFoodie Sep 12th, 2004 06:43 AM

thank you everyone. I am in shock and trying to do mundane things. I consider my Mickey the first US victim of Ivan. The stress may have done him in. There is no clear reason for his death. Here I am in a city away from home and not ready to go back until things are much more clear than they are now. The hotel has been amazing in helping me. My sister is flying in this a.m. from CT to help me. Thank you all for your thoughts. Our family is spread all over the world...from Hawaii to San Fran, Chicago, Boston, Greenwich. It is am impossible task right now to make plans.

LMF

Lilley Sep 12th, 2004 06:44 AM

LilMisFoodie, I'm sooo sorry about your loss. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Take Care...

Judyrem Sep 12th, 2004 06:52 AM

LMF, I am so very sorry for your loss. PLease take care of yourself and your family. I feel so very bad for you. Judy

Budman Sep 12th, 2004 07:04 AM

My deepest condolences. @};-

Byrd Sep 12th, 2004 07:21 AM

Oh, LMF, I'm so sorry. What a sad awful time for you!

I'm glad your sister is on the way.

Our thoughts are with you.

Byrd

1scs1 Sep 12th, 2004 07:28 AM

LMF, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your husband. My prayers are with you during this extremely difficult time.
Sue

Barbara Sep 12th, 2004 07:42 AM

LMF, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Statia Sep 12th, 2004 07:48 AM

LiLMsFoodie, you have my deepest sympathies, as well. What a hard time you must be going thru. I feel bad that I missed that line in your post, as well. Take care of yourself.

OO Sep 12th, 2004 07:58 AM

LMF, I am so very sorry for your loss. What a devastating time this is for you. You certainly are in all our thoughts.

Knowing the emotional upheaval we've all been going through, I simply can't imagine your dealing with this most heart wrenching of life's experiences now as well. I don't know if you have been dealing with hospice as your husband has been ill, but that organization is a fabulous resource in times such as this, with great emotional support. Again, I'm so sorry, LMF.

MSS Sep 12th, 2004 08:38 AM

LilMsFoodie,

I am so very sorry. What a terrible tragedy of the worst kind. I can only imagine what you are having to go through right now.

My husband has a terrible family history of health problems diabetes, heart), all brothers and sisters dying at a young age (50's) including both parents. We could take the time to make our house a mansion, but for what? I would rather spend the money traveling and spending quality time together, for this is what we will remember, not whether or not the bathroom faucet has gold fixtures.

You have my deepest sympathy.

dwoodliff Sep 12th, 2004 09:14 AM

LilMsFoodie ... I was so touched by your post about Ralph, that I too totally overlooked the line about your dear husband's death. My heart surely goes out to you.

It is so true that "when it rains, it pours". Seventeen years ago, my husband died suddenly a couple of weeks after one of our brief but cherished parents-only trips to the horse races in Louisiana. The previous month, my dad had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. A few months earlier, I lost my sweet 14-yr-old cat William, who had been my friend since I moved away from home as a teenager. Since my husband died the day after Father's Day, the kids and I were consoled in the fact that we had spent the previous day pampering him and showing how much we loved him.

I am so glad that you have your "fat" kitty and your Boston Terrier to comfort you. Since losing my husband, I have adopted many, many precious kitties, the oldest of whom, Tiffany, will be 17 this December. My sweet kitties and my dear old dachshund, Punkin, are always there to keep my spirits up in times of crisis.

I will be thinking about you during this trying time. Just know that you have many friends who are praying for you, although we have never met in person. Take care.

Donna

cigalechanta Sep 12th, 2004 09:20 AM

LiMsFoodie, It's heartbreaking to hear such terrible news, but know that loved ones never leave us. They are here in the wind, the flowers that grow, the rain that falls.

iceeu2 Sep 12th, 2004 09:21 AM

Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss. Keeping you in my prayers.
i2

antlori Sep 12th, 2004 10:39 AM

LMF, I too was shocked to hear of your loss. I posted on the "Saying Goodbye" thread but also wanted to add my condolences here. I was very lucky a few years ago when my husband had a heart attack, he had quintuple bypass surgery and recovered fully. It was a huge scare and we slowed down our lifestyle considerably.
I know you're going through a traumatic time right now, coupled with the stress of not being in the comfort of your own home. But remember that lots of people care about you. Glad to hear your sister is on the way. With all the help you've given other people, I'm sure there will be lots of love and support coming your way. Take care. You're in our thoughts.