Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

lcuy, are you out there? Need to get in touch with you...

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Melissa

I know you and I do not leave our real email addresses, but I need to contact you for a Fodors GTG!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Alan

Melissa, post this on the Australian forum, as Icuy posted there as recently as this morning, and kept all the regulars entertained with her crazy family stories. She pops in to that forum all the time!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:46 AM
xxx

lcuy from portland, oregon?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:50 AM
jill

I saw the Australian thread about Icuy and her relatives all named John LOL! Perhaps if you leave a note on each board with her name in the title?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Melissa

Thanks everyone! You guys are great! I'll do that.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:51 PM
lcuy

And who says it's a cold world where no one knows your name?? Thank you all for noticing, you've made my day!
I have to admit, I jump all over these boards as I grew up in So Cal, studied in Oregon, live in Hawaii, have family in Australia, and love to visit all of them!
and yes Melissa did find me!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:17 PM
need

whats a Fodors GTG?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Melissa

GTG = Get Together. Next month in Honolulu. Anyone going to be here?

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 03:12 PM
ooooh!

thanks for the explaination! would love to be in Honolulu but dont think its going to happen next month.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:37 PM
that welsh woman

melissa,
why does it have to be next month?
we will be in honolulu in november and would love to meet all the people who have given us such good (I hope) advice.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Melissa

Hi there--actually, Monica from the Euro board is originally from Hawaii so she is coming home in October. no reason you can't advertise a november one on this board, though! I know that Burta & I will be in Las Vegas in November, so I'm not sure if I will be in Honolulu........

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:05 AM
Monica

Hi Melissa! Have you found lcuy? Just want to clarify I wasn't born in Hawaii (rather, Madrid Spain), but grew up there 4th grade through 12th - Kaiser HS!

Looking forward to our Fodorite get together!

For all others not available in October, definitely post a new message to get together with others while you're in Hawaii! It's so much fun to meet others from this board. You can see I have monthly get together's in the DC/MD/VA area (click on "Fodorites Corner":

http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 09:20 AM
kal

Aloooohaaaaaaa,
How's bout a GTG on Kauai from 12-30-02 thru 1-17-03? I'll buy the first round of Wiki Waki Woos or Blonde Coladas at The Sand Bar!

89 mo'.
kal

ps...I don't mean a party starting on 12-30 and lasting thru 1-17...but then
again???? ;-D

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:21 AM
Cindy

Bull crappy you don't mean not partying the whole time, Kal! You do and you will and you know it!!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Melissa

Sounds good! I don't know if marigoing or kalena are available for the first GTG so maybe the next....anyone up for planning it?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Janis B.

Melissa - What is the date of the Fodorites Get-to-Together? We're going to be in Honolulu from October 21st through 25th - then on to Kaua'i.

It would be fun to meet more Fodorites. Have always enjoyed Monica's European travel reports.

Janis

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:03 PM
Melissa

It is going to be on Oct 20! But Monica will be in town till the 27th, I think.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:14 PM
Monica

Janis, Sorry to be missing you on this trip! Tony and I head to Kauai on the 21st and back to Honolulu on the 26th! Our plans are reverse from yours! We fly home the 30th.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:58 PM
Janis

Thanks, Melissa and Monica. Too bad we'll miss you by one day. We, too, fly home on the 30th but our weeks on Oahu and Kaua'i are just reversed.

Please post a trip report when you return. I'm counting the days!

Janis

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 02:26 PM
Rob

It seems strange that you're looking for someone to contact you urgently, but then you don't give an email address?? Seems kind of bizzare to me.