Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Lauderdale by the Sea - have you stayed at the Pier Pointe Resort or Villas by the Sea?

Lauderdale by the Sea - have you stayed at the Pier Pointe Resort or Villas by the Sea?

Jan 22nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
Original Poster

Any infor. you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:26 AM
GoTravel

There have been a couple of comments on this board about Pier Point but I can't remember if they are good or bad. A search should answer your question.

I highly recommend Captains Quarters or Seaward.

Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:43 PM

I have read consistently negative reports on both of these places on tripadvisor.com. I have not stayed in either however. In March, I will be staying at the Captains Quarters so if you have any other info regarding the facility, I'd appreciate it. Last year I stayed at The Great Escape Motel which was fine, clean but 1.5 blocks from the ocean.
Jan 22nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
GoTravel

Elnbl, you will love the Captains Quarters. I think half of the rooms have kitchens. Very immaculate motel, great pool, oceanfront and it is run by a very sweet woman who will talk your ear off if you aren't careful!

Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:03 PM

Thanks "Go Travel". Sounds like it is what I wanted- oceanfront and clean! Everything else is just a bonus.
Ellen
Jan 23rd, 2004, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

ELNBL: thanks for the heads-up regarding the complaints on Tripadvisor!!!! Amazing how two places that look really nice on their web sites could actually be such dumps.
Jan 24th, 2004, 08:23 AM

In November, I drove by Villas By the Sea and while it looked okay at first sight, I looked closer (from my car) and it didn't look very well maintained in the areas I could view (only the outside facing the road looked immaculate.) I didn't get out and walk the grounds, so it might have just been the area I could see that was in disarray.