I'm planning a trip to the Virginia area and am hoping to get in visits to Appomattox and Harpers Ferry (on different days). My current itinerary has us getting to each place around 4 pm. I've read on the NPS site that the Appomattox vistor's center closes at 5 and Harpers Ferry also closes at 5.
I'm wondering if an hour is enough time to visit these places? Also, can one still stroll the grounds after 5 and it's just the buildings themselves that would be locked up then?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 day California Trip in July
- 2 Where would you go in March?
- 3 RV Grand Canyon
- 4 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 5 I need help
- 6 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 7 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 8 New York in 5 days
- 9 Newport Beach restaurants
- 10 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 11 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 12 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 13 Expedia
- 14 Italian Provisions
- 15 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 16 girls trip / oregon
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 19 Vacations in New Orleans
- 20 4 days in Miami
- 21 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 22 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 23 Las Vegas TR
- 24 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 25 Yosemite lodging ideas
Late visits to Appomattox Court House and Harpers Ferry National Parks?