Notices

Last Weekend Away before Baby..

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last Weekend Away before Baby..

My husband and I would like to plan a nice weekend away before we have our first baby in May. We usually visit South Beach in Feb every year. This year we opted to pass since pregnancy doesn't lend itself to clubbing and soaking up the scene as well. We are trying to come up with a place that has nice amenities and would be great for a little r-n-r before the little one arrives.

Any recommendations???

We are on the east coast and would preferably like someplace within a 3 hr flight timeframe.

Thanks in advance!
Marcia
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Savannah or Charleston for a more laid back weekend? Hilton Head for a more resort like area, although there is no guarantee for warmth in Feb.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:38 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We did that trip a couple years ago! My daugther was born in June of 2004 and we too were looking for a warm place to go to walk around a bit and relax before impending motherhood.

We chose San Antonio and it was great! The river walk was so cool and we took a boat tour and ate outside. We had a rental car and one day we went out to the botanical gardens and the zoo and a drive through animal park and some caves. The food was all wonderful too.

We stayed at a really great b&b about a 10 minute walk from the river walk. Let me see if I can find it. It was owned and run by a couple and the woman is completely blind and a successful painter. She had her paintings all over the house and they were amazing. Breakfast was a big affair all around one table and they would eat with all of us too. It was really nice. Here it is:

Beauregard House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Good luck with the new baby! My second one arrives early June.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bermuda
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 04:09 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We did this before our daughter was born in May 2004. We went to Barbados for 5 days. It's a 4.5 hour flight from JFK, nonstop. We sat on the beach, went snorkling (no SCUBA diving while pregnant), ate at some wonderful restaurants and just relaxed.

Going away before the baby is born is a wonderful idea, you will really need it. Best of luck.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:24 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You say you are already on the East Coast, so this might not be "away" for you. But with our first child, we "escaped" for a weekend in Manhattan. Did alot of shows, had some great food, and spent plenty of time kicking back in a nice hotel. The only downer was that we had to spend a fair amount of time walking, which she didn't care for. But we have great memories of the trip.