Thanks so much with all of your help planning our Carmel-Napa Valley-SF Itinerary. I have a lasy minute question (we leave tomorrow!). We booked a rental car through Dollar, picking up at SFO and returning at O'Farrell Street in downtown SF on Wed morning before we check int our hotel, which is our last full day of the trip and our only full day to explore SF (we have already been and it was not the focus of this trip). This costs a total of $170 for four days rental. I just checked and we only pay $93 total with advantage car rental if we pick the car up and drop it back off at SFO.
Is it worth the $60 savings (once you factor in two BART tickets from SFO to Union Square) to drive all the way to SFO on Wednesday morning and drop the car off there instead of at the downtown location? I am trying to decide how much time this would add to the drive/take away from our time in SF. Google Maps says it only adds 10 minutes, but taking traffic into consideration as well.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 2 NY theater district restaurant
- 3 Family winter holiday
- 4 Trip to Cali
- 5 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 6 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 7 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 8 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 9 Big Sur weather in early December
- 10 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 11 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 12 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 13 Our next summer trip
- 14 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 15 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 16 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 17 Dulles to BWI
- 18 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 19 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 20 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 21 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 22 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 23 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 24 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 25 glacier national park to yellowstone route