Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Last Minute Plea - help me help my friend shop for bridal lingerie in San Francisco!

Last Minute Plea - help me help my friend shop for bridal lingerie in San Francisco!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 01:35 PM
gina

Help! Calling all San Francisco locals!

I promised I'd help a friend shop for her wedding night attire when I visit San Francisco this weekend, but neglected to figure out where to go. She just moved there, so she won't know either. We've hit the department stores in Chicago, but haven't had much luck thus far.

Where do we go for classy, un-trashy, first-night-with-a-husband lingerie? Something less expensive than La Perla but a step or two above Calvin Klein...

I know its a long shot to post this question, but would appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

Old May 3rd, 2001, 02:41 PM
kam

I'm not a big into lingerie person, but you need to look at Macy's in Union Square as well as the Saks 5th Ave. in Union Square. There's a shop called Aricie in the Crocker Galleria (near to Union Square). Don't know what they have but perhaps it's worth a look. Other than that if you find something on Fillmore or Union, you might want to check them out. Not much help, but perhaps a place to start. Good luck.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 03:39 PM
Kim

Alla Prima Fine Lingerie. There's one on Hayes Street and one on Grant. This is definitely higher end stuff, but you can find something beautiful without breaking the bank.

Old May 3rd, 2001, 03:58 PM
Hector

Do they sell men's sizes?

Old May 4th, 2001, 02:45 AM
Donna

I stumbled upon a fabulous small shop chock full of beautiful, moderately priced, selections called Carol Doda's Champagne and Lace Lingerie Boutique. I still have the card in my wallet. It's located at 1850 Union Street in/near Cow Hollow.

Old May 4th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Diane

Have you tried Victoria's Secret? Surely, they have something that would be appropriate or not...