Las Vegas w/ 1st timer- want to have FUN, & a little trouble

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2005, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planning surprise trip for husband's 30th, we're both going, but want to meet his needs... Best hotel appeal for guys? Looking at New York New York, becuz of ESPN stuff. Wr're not into fancy, just want a great time. Need to be on medium budget. Best strip club for couples? Zumanity show pretty good for guys, or skip it? Best day trip... hiking, mntn biking? We're going in August, too hot? Golf worth it? What about Hummer tours..? Also, anybody had their vows renewed by Elvis? This is our 1st trip without the kids and need to make the most of it...ALL IDEAS APPRECIATED.
Also, friends going with, New York New York or Aladdin better? They're undecided.
Thanks!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Also, looked at Flamingo, and Hard Rock. Would rather stay right on the strip, in a central locale. I've stayed at Treasure Isl before, might consider this time too. Any input?
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 11:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aladdin is a little more central than NYNY and the rooms are bigger. In June they should come up with some great room deals for August. Can you go on weeknights or weekend only?

August is HOT HOT HOT!
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

We're going Wed-Sat, that's when grandma can babysit. Also, hot isn't bad. Actually, looking forward to it. Went to Vegas 2 Novembers ago, and didn't care for the cooler temps.
Any other comparisons for NY NY vs. Aladdin besides rooms? Locale of each is okay. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 21st, 2005, 04:13 PM

You wrote that you don't mind the heat. Okay, but your husband definitely won't want to golf in it, much less hike or mountain bike. 110 is too hot, no matter how you slice it. It was almost even too hot to enjoy the waterpark.

I've not stayed in either NYNY or Aladdin, but have walked through both. I like the feel of NYNY better, but regardless, location of the Aladdin would win me over. Especially with the new tram on that side of the strip.

Old Apr 21st, 2005, 04:17 PM

We were in Las Vegas last month and stayed at the Monte Carlo. Got a great deal at Travelocity and then we were offered an upgrade to a Jacuzzi Suite at check in. Well worth the extra $ to sit in the 2 person tub overlooking the strip every night! Might lead to some of that "trouble" you're looking for!

New York New York seemed to have alot of fun things going on (entertainment in 9 Fine Irishmen and a great band in the Big Apple Bar, plus a million screens at the ESPN Zone). Saw Zumanity and my husband and I both loved it. It's beautiful and artistic, but also very sensuous, sexy and naughty. We got tickets for the late show by getting at the end of the Standby line, for the early show. Pricey ($190.00 for 2 tickets), but got great seats for the late show before that Standby line had started.

For the best margaritas and rum runners, and a fun atmosphere, stop by Margaritaville. We also saw the "Salute to the Rat Pack" show, which was great, if you are into that music. Off the beaten path, but a fun time.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 05:13 AM

NYNY is lots of fun. ESPNzone is just a sports bar/restaurant that is located there. Aladdin is a fine choice as well. I will say that Rio and Orleans have the nicest (scantily clad) cocktail waitresses since you asked about guys appeal. I would look into the show "X" at Aladdin for couple erotic entertainment...that is of course if it is still running.

I have heard that Olympic Garden is the strip club best for couples but I do not have 1st hand experience.
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:43 AM

Here is an idea for a little naughty fun...

Go to Coyote Ugly which is at NYNY and get up on the bar and dance. Let the girls (bartenders) pour shots down your gullet and then you can contribute your bra to the collection they have hanging from the ceiling. Pretty harmless but the type of fun that you can leave in Vegas. Knowing the bra thing in advance should allow you to be prepared for that ;-)
Old Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the great info. Coyote Ugly- sounds fun... I don't know who'll be getting into more trouble on this trip. Looked up Las Vegas Advisor but questions are on hold while they update. Will consider all suggestions (Zumanity, X, Olympic Garden). His birthday, his choice. Still didn't know if I should get a golf tee time first thing in the morning, or before dusk. Only if courses are REALLY worth it; I can take him golfing at home before we go. Also, was considering horseback ride in the evening. Any tours recommended for the hot weather? So much to do, so little time...