Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Las Vegas Sunday Brunch (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/las-vegas-sunday-brunch-380936/)

damama Dec 6th, 2003 02:04 PM

Las Vegas Sunday Brunch

Any suggestions for a Sunday brunch that would allow us to get to the airport for a 2:30PM flight?

tracys2cents Dec 6th, 2003 03:53 PM

The Aladdin brunch is pretty darn good, with fresh squeeze orange juice, champagne and bloody marys, an omelet station, prime rib, the best pork sausage anywhere, lots of fresh fruits and an incredible chocolate chip cinnamon coffee cake.
It's $18.99 and there are coupons on the sidewalk display (between the Paris and the Aladdin) for $5 off until 10am. It took us 15 minutes to get from the Aladdin to the airport check-in counter, and that included returning a car to Hertz.

Merilee_Tucker Dec 8th, 2003 05:31 AM

I second tracys2cents for the Aladdin buffet. I was there on a Saturday in September at noon and everything was fresh and hot and the selection was too numerous to name here.

Scarlett Dec 8th, 2003 06:23 AM

I have never eaten brunch in LV or at a buffet but the Bellagio buffet had the longest lines of any hotel in LV for their brunch/lunches!!
If you are staying at the hotel, they give you this card that gets you past the line as a hotel guest and in faster.
We used our card to go to the Bellagio Cafe, which also serves quite a nice breakfast and lunch, open 24 hours.
Have fun!

MoniqueU Dec 8th, 2003 06:58 AM

Aladdin for sure.
Bellagios isn't as good as it used to be.

wsoxrebel Dec 8th, 2003 07:06 AM

We really enjoyed the buffet at Mandalay Bay. The quality was twice as good as any other buffet we sampled. We got there just as lunch was closing, and the server told us they would honor the lunch price. Within minutes they began bringing out a fabulous seafood, meat, etc. offering. Even the desserts were good here, unlike most LV buffets.

Ryan Dec 8th, 2003 07:26 AM

If you're looking for something more than a buffet, Commander's Palace at the Aladdin has a nice brunch. Not quite as good as the New Orleans original, but not a bad copy.

glamrgal Dec 8th, 2003 07:26 AM

I second wsoxrebel's recommendation for the buffet at Mandalay Bay. (I've never tried the Aladdin, so I can't comment.)

Mandalay Bay's lunch buffet was far and away the best buffet I have ever experienced. The quality of the offerings was more like ordering off the menu in a good restaurant, rather than the usual buffet fare. Exceptional.

I enjoyed it more than the champagne brunch at Bally's, which was much, much more expensive.

I would think you could do just about any brunch in Vegas and still make it to the airport when you need to.

wsoxrebel Dec 8th, 2003 07:53 AM

glamrgal, weren't you just amazed at the quality? We were more than happy at the lunch offerings and couldn't believe our luck when they upgraded even more for their 'dinner' And we got it at a lunch price. Whoo hoo!