Las Vegas Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden

May 9th, 2002, 10:14 AM
KB

Las Vegas Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden

I'll be going to Las Vegas soon (not for the first time) and want to see Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage. Has anyone done this? What can I expect? Any information is appreciated.

May 9th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Roy

Keep your young boys out of Siegfried's Secret Garden.
Siegfried himself is known to hide out there and occasionally play acts as a Catholic priest.

May 9th, 2002, 11:50 AM
David

Obviously, Roy is joking, but I have to agree with him that something is a little bit odd about those two

The Secret Garden, despite its hokey name, is worth seeing. They have rare animals on display in attractive enclosures. White tigers, white lions, snow leopards, Siberian tigers, an Indian elephant, etc.

It's behind the dolphin exhibit, which is fun too

There is an audio guide that comes free with admission (about $7 I think). I have to admit, my wife and I found Siegfried's and Roy's voices on the audio tape to be a little creepy!!

May 9th, 2002, 11:56 AM
rick

I was just there on tues may 7 and it is wonderful. I have never been so close to dolphins in my life. I feel this is a must and the cost is $10.

May 9th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Ellen

The Garden is actually a lot better then their show! Nice way to spend a view hours out of the glitz, in the shade, enjoying nature. The audio is worthwhile too.

May 9th, 2002, 02:40 PM
All

Thanks to all who replied. No children with us just myself and the hub. I don't think Sigfried or Roy are interested in me. We saw their show last year and was disappointed. I've been the Secret Garden is worth seeing. I believe it will be money well spent.