Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Las Vegas Restaurants (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/las-vegas-restaurants-692590/)

mavip Mar 30th, 2007 06:14 PM

Las Vegas Restaurants

Heading to Las Vegas in two weeks to celebrate my anniversary. Haven't been there in 10 years and need some really good restaurants in and out of the hotels. Any suggestions??? Thanks

Pumpy Mar 30th, 2007 06:20 PM

There's an outstanding mexican restaurant in MGM (name escapes me) also Emerill's place in MGM...pretty good

cwojo99 Mar 30th, 2007 06:43 PM

You HAVE TO eat at Daniel Boulud at the Wynn.

Make sure you get a window seat and you dine after 6:30.

You will be amazed at the "show" that plays every 30 minutes over the water. AMAZING.

8-)

GranthamMommy May 24th, 2007 06:23 PM

One of my favorite restaurants in las Vegas is Hugo's Cellar at the Four Queens in downtown Vegas. Wins awards for romantic. I typically eat there once a year when I'm at a conference.

Classic, Ratpack Vegas. Women get a rose when they enter. Prime Rib, Veal, Lobster. Check the website for the menu. They bring the salad bar to you! The waiter brings a cart. Asks you what you want in your salad.

The first time I went I wasn't hungry for one of their beautiful desserts. I order the Kona Coffee. They bought this beautiful "arrangement" that brewed the coffee at the table. It was served in little demitasse cups and they gave you cinnamon sticks, chocolate chips and whipped cream to mix in if you wanted. Chocolate covered fruit was included as a "free" dessert.

Gets you off the strip, watch the music and light show and if you are into gambling, some lower limit tables.

Going again in exactly two weeks.

trippinkpj May 24th, 2007 07:17 PM

I'm going in three weeks Grantham Mommy, and we are staying downtown. We may look into Hugo's as that Kona coffee drink sounds great, though may be dining mostly at Main Street Station, the California (I got MelissaHI's suggestions) and the Golden Nugget.

dawnnoelm May 24th, 2007 07:28 PM

I agree with the Daniel Boulud recommendation - If you like red wine - order the Holy Trinity..it is a bit of a "sleeper" we actually got turned onto there - a favorite of mine.
We also love AquaKnox at the Ventian (if you like seafood) and BOA in the forum shops -
TOA at the Ventian was not what I had hoped of it but my husband liked it a lot.
Happy Anniversary and you really cannot go wrong with any of these...we haved dined at each several times.
Let them know it is your anniversary most will go out of there way.

jetset1 May 24th, 2007 08:00 PM

I had an excellent dinner at Bouchon in the Venetian(there breakfast is supposed to be good too, especially the French toast)..

While at MGM, I ate at Emeril's, though I had a light appetite and only had crab cakes, soup and wine. Very nice menu. I had appetizer's at Diego's in MGM, but wouldn't dress up to have an anniversary dinner there.

The romantic places seem to be at Bellagio. Rosemary's off the strip has a good rep. We had the tasting menu when Rosemary's was in the Rio too, and it was fantastic.

If you win big money, you can have the tasting menu at Joel Robuchon's.. a mere $600 pp, and I would hope that included dessert, wine and a massage((D)) and maybe botox for the stretched stomach muscles!

laurieb_nyny May 25th, 2007 05:13 AM

Happy Anniversary! If you want an excellent Italian dinner, go to Carluccio's Tivoli Garden. Off strip, need to have car or take cab. Inexpensive, huge portions, is romantic though.

tom42 May 25th, 2007 06:35 AM

Where are you staying. All of the major hotels have some very good restaurants.

tom42 May 25th, 2007 06:36 AM

never mind. just realized that the original poster has already gone to Vegas and back.