Las Vegas Honeymoon 1st week of Oct

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2005, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are planning to head to Vegas for our honeymoon during the first week of October. We will arrive around 3-4pm on Monday, Oct. 3rd. We will be leaving around 11am or noon on Saturday, Oct. 8th.

We decided that we'd like to stay at the Bellagio and we will be booking a flight through Jet Blue. We know that we definitely want to see "O". What are some things we could do for the rest of the trip? We are not really into drinking/bars or gambling.

Also, when would be the best time to actually book at the Bellagio? Is there anything we can do for them to upgrade our room also? Any specials they will give since we will be on our honeymoon? We don't want to miss out on any honeymoon deals. Thanks.
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:00 AM

The best way to book your room is to book a cancellable reservation as early as they are available on the site, then continue to watch to see if the rate for those dates comes down. If it does, call the hotel to adjust to the lower rate.

It never hurts to let them know that it's your honeymoon and see if they'll do anything for you, but you can't count on it either. I would think especially in Vegas - look at the number of people who get married there every year. They're used to it! But you never know. Consider anything they might be willing to do a perk, but don't book lower end rooms counting on a free upgrade, unless you're happy staying in the lower end rooms.

As to what to do, there are lots of good suggestions on this site. Just put "vegas" in the search box up top and read. www.cheapovegas.com www.vegas.com and www.lasvegasadvisor.com are other good sources of info.
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM

You can ride the roller coaster at New York, New York. If you're planning to rent a car you could also take day trips to Red Rock Canyon, Valley of Fire (very nice that time of year), Hoover Dam, Zion NP, or Grand Canyon South Rim. If you're not renting a car there are also organized tours that can take you there too. And of course there's always lots of shows going on. You can go to vegas.com and search for all kinds of shows and events taking place while you're there. I've also been told you can do hot air ballooning somethere around Vegas but I'm a big chicken and have never pursued that activity there.
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Oh my goodness. Is there any way to get more affordable O tickets than $275+ each???
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:29 AM

One more thing -- I'm sure the Bellagio has a concierge who would be more than happy to fill you in on things to do (as well as make arrangements for you to do them).
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:52 AM

$275 is our of line for tickets. Where did you see that? Is there some reason that you MUST see "O"? Mystere is awfully good if you have never been to a Cirque show.

I would book the Bellagio and get the tickets for "O" at the same time. Since that show is at that property, you should get some consideration as a guest of the Hotel.

Beyond that Vegas is a busy place. Try the search of this site that another poster recommended.

You could also give us some additional input and I will try and be more specific. We know what you don't care for but.... What do you like? Budget? Walking limitations? Types of shows?

Stuff like that, congrats on the upcoming wedding!
Old May 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM

From

http://tinyurl.com/a6mw2

Ticket Prices (for O) ($US)
Category 1: $150.00 (including tax)
Category 2: $125.00 (including tax)
Category 3: $99.00 (including tax)