We are planning a trip to Las Vegas in September and were thinking of going to canyons(south rim) for a day as well.
We were looking at our options on whether we should:
1. Fly into and out of Las Vegas airport and then drive to canyon, and spend a night there? But this would mean we would have to drive both ways about 3/4 hours for a day's worth of stay in Canyons..I have done this before, when it was just me and my husband..but this time we will be traveling with my parents (who are 60+) and I want to make the trip as comfortable as possible for them.
2. Fly into flagstaff, AZ, and then do a one way car rental to Vegas, and then fly out of Vegas?
Currently the air fare difference is only $34 between the two options, so i am kind off inclined towards the option2, but I am wanted to check if anyone has done this before? and if Flagstaff airport is a good option?
Also how is the weather like at South Rim in Mid-September? Would it be very cold/below freezing?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 https://lumalifteye.com/pinnacle-life-labs-hydrating-cream/
- 2 https://www.healthdietalert.com/muscle-science/
- 3 Wholesale Jewelry for Women
- 4 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 5 Need locals from Miami
- 6 Kiwi girls going from Houston - Nashville
- 7 Key Largo worth a day trip from Florida City/Miami area??
- 8 Sjc Car Rental
- 9 Family winter holiday
- 10 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 11 Trip to Cali
- 12 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 13 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 14 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 15 4 days in San Diego
- 16 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 17 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 18 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 19 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 20 NY theater district restaurant
- 21 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 22 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 23 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 24 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 25 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)