Las Vegas for 5 nights 1-6 April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quickly, my husband and I are planning to go for 5 nights... we are in our early 40's. Please recommend
1. 3 best shows to see
2. 3 great restaurants to go to... with good food and atmosphere.
3. Which trip to take to the Grand Canyons.. I hear sunset is the best time of day.
4. Any other musts while we are there
5. Which hotel do you recommend MB, Venetian, Bellagio or Wynn...

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM

The 'best' of anything is really subjective. Why don't you tell us what kind of food you like and in what price range. One of my favorite restaurants is in the Wynn and it will run about $200 per person. Another favorite is a family run Italian restaurant off the strip called Ferraro's. You can get away with $100 per person and the food is to die for.

Best Shows? Depends. Do you want to spend $250 to see Bette Midler who will be opening in April, or $150 to see one of the Cirque's? I liked "0", Ka, and Love.
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM

If you like outdoors, don't miss The Valley of Fire. You can either drive or take a tour bus.
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM

amca - it is hard to say but here are my favorites:

1. The Venetian - ask for renovated room.

2. Danny Gains and Blueman - but people either love or hate Blueman - without knowing you and your dh it is hard to say.

3. We liked BOA a lot in the Ceasars forum - and any resturant at the Wynn. We also have enjoyed Aqua Knox <?> at the Ventian and there is a good Mexican place we like inside Treasure Island. GREAT Margaritas.

4. Musts? Hard to say... A must for me when I go is to work out and then spa - that might not be your thing. If you want to feel like a princess - have Hector do your make up at the Canyon Ranch inside the Venitan. I have never felt more beautiful then when he is done AND he is totally a kick!
Old Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:48 PM

Amca,

My choice from your list would be Bellagio first and Wynn Second.

I second Daniel Boulud's at the Wynn (if that was what busgwife meant, I mean). Dinner out at the terrace gets you to see the cute frog show (ok, it's not jsut hte frog but he's the cutest).

My favorite show I've seen in Vegas is "O" (Cirque du Soleil).

I usually drive and stay a few days to the GC so not sure about which particular tour company but sunset and sunrise are the best times to see it, especially for your first time. My first GC viewing was during sunset and I almost cried, it was soooooo beautiful! I still remember unconsciously holding my breath. Will this be your first time to GC?

Zion is not that far from Vegas but it really deserves an overnight, at least.

Hope that helps!
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 03:00 AM

Best shows - you will probably want to see one Cirque show. Ka is considered by many to be the best, but if you are a Beatles fan I would choose LOVE. Mystere, the original Las Vegas Cirque show, is now being discounted. Check out goldstarevents.com or visit the same ticket booth located at the Hawaiian Village on the Strip.

Are you fans of ABBA or musicals in general, then I would choose Mama Mia. Half priced tickets are available at goldstarevents.com.

Danny Gans is a fantastic impressionist. For magic, the best is probably Lance Burton. A fun afternoon show is Mac King who does some comedy along with very good close up magic.

Tom Jones, Elton John and Barry Manilow will all be performing during your stay if you want to see a headliner show.

Best Dining
Wow - the choices are virtually unlimited. I would suggest doing a search on the chowhound board for suggestions.

Grand Canyon tours - I cannot help - we always drive there and stay several days.

Must Do's
First and foremost is visit Bellagio - the fountains at night, the Fontana lounge for excellent entertainment - catch Dian Diaz if possible, the hotel lobby with Chihuly sculpture, the Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, Jean Phillipe Patisserie and the art gallery's current exhibit - American Modernism.

Hotel - Bellagio (see above). The newest hotel is Palazzo which I have not visited, but it is attached to the Venetian which is at least worth a walk through.

Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:02 AM

Bellagio is definitely an unbelievable hotel. The rooms are beautiful, the showers is heaven, the pool jaw dropping. This hotel is definitely five star. I also like ceasars palace, there is more excitement there and they have a beautiful mall there. Both are really great. My favorite meal was the buffet at Bellagio and there is a mexican place in the venetian the food is really good but the margaritas are even better