Las vegas Comedy Club Favorities?

Mar 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Las vegas Comedy Club Favorities?

We'll be visiting LV mid-April with friends who would like to find a good comedy venue, without being too risque or over-the-top foul language. Have heard "Defending the Caveman" is good - how about standup recommndations?
Mar 7th, 2008, 05:47 AM

We like the Comedy Club at the Riv. Our fave comedian that we've ever seen at LV is Bob Zany.
http://www.bobzany.com/v3/

It doesn't appear that he will be there when you are there
Mar 7th, 2008, 07:21 PM

First of all "Defending the Caveman" is downtown, and not on the strip. Everyone on this website I think would recommend staying on the strip. With 60 shows on the strip or close to the strip, why would you go on a $30. cabride (or long busride) to see the one show playing downtown?. Also, because Defending the Caveman is also a matinee, I considered seeing it, but the box-office person said she didnt like it and that it's for couples. For standup recommendations, Harrahs routinely has the comedians that are just beginning to get famous eg have been on the tonight show and the like. In Mid April, Lewis Black is at MGM, and he is certainly one of the best comedians around. I wish I were in Vegas in mid april to see him. Please check www.MGMGRAND.com and click on Hollywood theatre. If you book NOW, you could get a very seat, although the worse seat in Vegas is still better than the seat you would get booking anywhere outside of Vegas.
Mar 8th, 2008, 06:44 AM
WannabeinaMontserrat

It may not be teh kind of comedy you are looking for (specifically) but "The Amazing Jonathan" may be one of the best shows on the Strip (I think he has moved onto the Strip now).

Mar 8th, 2008, 07:31 PM

i agree the Amazing Jonathan is a fun show. Also La Cage was very funny. Tina and Tony's wedding is supposed to be great, but I haven't seen it. Again though, if it were me, I would see Lewis Black. He will also have another standup good comedian opening for him --- I think (Maybe not). He is starting his own show on Comedy Central March 12th, so it is less likely that he will keep coming to Vegas.
Mar 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM

We live in Vegas and go to the Comedy Stop at The Trop a few times a year. It is always good and often there are comedians who have been on comdy central. If you like improvisation comedy- Second City at The Flamingo is a lot of fun.
Mar 8th, 2008, 10:58 PM

We went to a comedy club at Harrah's and saw Shelley Berman. He didn't utter a single cuss word and was the funniest comedy act I've ever seen...had tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks. If he's there, go and see him!
Mar 9th, 2008, 09:15 AM
lvk

Rita Rudner has a clean act. She is at the Flamingo. George Wallace is also there. I saw him at an LA comedy club and he was hilarious, but I don't remember if he used too much profanity.

Carrot Top is very funny, uses lots of props, pretty clean, and is at the Luxor.

We tried to get last minute tickets for Second City last week at the Flamingo and they were sold out.
Mar 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM

I second Rita Rudner as a clean, funny act. We also enjoyed Vinnie Favorito - absolutely hilarious - and clean.
Mar 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions - if going to the Tropicana (or others mentioned) would we need to reserve tickets? What would our chances be to just "wing it" when we get there?
Mar 10th, 2008, 08:01 AM
lvk

If you decide to "wing it", check out www.tix4tonight.com/
Same day, half price tickets for some shows. The show listing is released at 10:30 am at their 4 locations. (You can't find out over the phone or by internet.)