Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Las Vegas - Best non-chain, non-buffet dining? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/las-vegas-best-non-chain-non-buffet-dining-303792/)

loangalsal Apr 4th, 2003 12:51 PM

Las Vegas - Best non-chain, non-buffet dining?

Large portions and "all you can eat" are NOT what we are looking for. Good quality fresh food, quality over quantity. If your favorite restaurants do not even have a deep fryer in them, I would like what you like. We will have a car so does not have to be right on the strip, hoping to finds some hidden gems. Good food can be $10 per person (homemade soup and french bread) or $75 per person (top notch gourmet). Hoping to find some of each and some inbetween. Any suggestions?

help Apr 4th, 2003 01:57 PM

try Michaels at the Barbabry Coast....lower floor

psychoelf Apr 4th, 2003 02:03 PM

I've been researching the same question since my husband and I will be going to Vegas in a few months. Some suggestions I've gotten from another board are: Lotus of Siam, 953 E. Sahara Ave., Wild Sage Cafe, East Warm Springs Rd. (sorry don't have the exact address) and Rosemary's, 8125 West Sahara and also at the Rio Hotel. I certainly can't personally vouch for these restaurants but they do come highly recommended by some of the locals. Hope this helps. Let me know if you come up with any other "hidden gems" and I'll let you know of any others I can come up with.

FainaAgain Apr 4th, 2003 02:11 PM

Nice nick, PsycoElf!

cnmiranda Apr 4th, 2003 02:27 PM

Red Square at the Mandalay Bay. One of the best restarants we have ever enjoyed. Russian cuisine. Entrees $25 & up.

Loki Apr 4th, 2003 07:05 PM

I always plug Picasso at Bellagio, it's one of my favorites but pricey at about $80pp - no drinks, awesome view of the fountains-very romantic. I also love Nobu in NYC and there's one in Vegas at the Hard Rock. Again pricey, gotta like Japanes fusion. Andre's also get's fab reviews, there's one at Monte Carlo and one downtown(?).

andy Apr 5th, 2003 06:22 AM

Loangalsal-<BR><BR>ONe of the best meals of my life-with to die for atmosphere and superb service was Le Circque in the Bellagio Hotel--INCREDIBLE!! and has very hard to get reservations --but well worth the effort--Also one of the most expensive restaurants I have been in....<BR><BR>Also Andre's for Great gourmet french food-..

Ryan Apr 5th, 2003 08:16 AM

Most of the restaurants at Bellagio are very good. Personally, I'd chose Le Cirque over Picasso as I felt the service at the former was a notch better. If you are staying at Bellagio, reservations are easier to get than if you're at another hotel. Aqua, is also very, very good for seafood.<BR><BR>We also had a great steaks at both Prime (Bellagio) and Gallgher's in NYNY. For the money, I'd go to the latter.

snarla Apr 5th, 2003 08:46 AM

We've had two fabulous meals at Les Artistes at Paris. We did a full dinner once and then a selection of apps the other time..they have great apps.<BR><BR>snarla

vegaslocal Apr 5th, 2003 09:14 AM

I agree with the poster who recommended the Wild Sage Cafe. It is located on Warm Spring Road about 2 - 3 miles east of Las Vegas Blvd.<BR><BR>Also, if you like Italian, you might try Grape Street Cafe. Fresh pasta, fresh herbs...very popular. It's on the Nortwest side of town. Take Summerlin Parkway to Buffalo. Go north about two miles. Turn right on Lake Mead. It will be on your right side. Definitely worth the trip.

MelissaHI Apr 5th, 2003 09:51 AM

Not on the strip, but always a good choice: Hugo's Cellar in the Four Queens. Their salad alone is to die for! And the service is incredible. Talk about people who anticipate your every need.