Reload this Page >

Las Vegas & The Fourth of July

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Sue

Does anyone know if anything special (parade, fireworks?) happens in Vegas for the 4th of July.
Never been to Vegas and will be there for the 4th. I've checked the Chamber of Commerce site, but they don't list any special celebrations or activities.
Just wondering. Thanks!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 03:10 AM
Sue

TTT

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:19 AM
maybe

Try calling a toll free number at a hotel and ask them.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:26 AM
duh

Hey stupid! Maybe she wants to hear from someone who's been there as a tourist and not some bimbo receptionist reading off a hotel's cue cards.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 04:43 AM
WhosStupid

Duh-isn't it a bit early to starting roaming the threads attacking people..even someone who has been to Las Vegas on a previous July 4th,would not know what they are doing THIS July 4th..Hotels might know because they plan ahead, and while the Chamber of Commerce seems a good idea, she tried them and there was no list..Do YOU have a better idea, or is it just a good day to be a big mouth?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Sue

Hi Maybe,
I called the Mirage and spoke with a person who gave me some decent info, so thank you very much for the good idea!! There are fireworks from a few hotel rooftops, and that's about it. Maybe a parade downtown, but definitely not on the strip.
Thanks again, and have a nice day.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 07:21 AM
maybe

Sue-that's great! I have tried this before myself, and it usually works..if the hotel wouldn't know-who would?? You have a great day too~

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Gary

Sue: The wife & I were in Vegas around July 4th weekend in 1996. They had fireworks but we didn't notice any parades or any special events going on. By the way, since you mentoned you were never to Vegas, I hope you don't mind excessive heat. An average daily temperature of 115 degrees is HOT no matter how dry it is. We enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. Have a good time.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 09:04 AM
duh

Hey stupid, I still think your response was stupid. She called the hotel and they told her there would be fireworks! Yeah, no foolin'! What major city in the US does NOT have fireworks on the 4th of July??? Sue's original post sounded like a general question as to what goes on in Vegas for the 4th which could certainly be answered by someone who lives there or frequents Vegas on business/pleaseure.

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 10:58 AM
MARG

Sue, we were there last year and stayed on the 35th floor of Circus Cirucs. It was olsom. You could see all the little city's fireworks, plus the ones near by, which were alot. The Stratosphere shot them off their top of the landing on their roof, so you could go right out front of Circus Cirus and watch those real close also. Everything was beautiful and olsom. As far as the heat, it's not humid, so you don't mind it that much, plus you have so many hotels to go into to cool off and drink. Have a great time, our's was!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:00 AM
duh

what is olsom?

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:38 AM
cmonduh

The FIREWERKS WERE OLSOM!!!!!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Lenore

Duh, did Sue do something to make you angry or are you always this mean?
Sue - it will be incredibly hot in July (think radio-active heat!) My husband and I were there for New Year's Eve a few years back and I swore I'd never go there again over a holiday....it was unbelievably crowded. But Vegas always has action, so you shouldn't be disappointed. Enjoy!

Old Jan 25th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Mike Hocksbigg

olsom?...what a tool