Reload this Page >

Las Vegas and SF Honeymoon Advise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1999, 11:56 PM
Cherry Wong

Hi! I'm going for our honeymoon to Las Vegas and San Francisco.

Las Vegas Questions:May 16-19
1. Is is better to stay at Circus Circus or Riviera?
2. What shows are must sees?
3. How do we spend 3nights and 4 days in Las Vegas? Where to go? What to see?

San Francicsco May 25-28
1. Is Holiday Inn Civic Center okay or Ramada Inn?
2. How do we travel from Civic Center to Union Square? Fisherman's Wharf? Golden Gate? Can you advise? Taxis are expensive so we are hoping to take the bus.

Thanks

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 04:55 PM
judy

Cherry, don't stay at Circus Circus for your honeymoon! Riviera I'm not familiar with, but probably not. The Bellagio is my choice, but I advise you to go to the Las Vegas Talk Board at www.lvol.com. I think that will get you there. Read and read about LV on this board written by those who enjoy it a great deal. I think you will really like LV. It's FUN!

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 05:00 PM
judy

Cherry, I tried posting earlier, so you may get two replies from me. I suggested you try www.lvol.com and go to their Discussion Board. It's fascinating and full of answers...personally I would advise against Circus Circus...I'd try for Bellagio although others are nice, too.
Mystere and Danny Gans are great shows.

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 07:04 PM
Kristin

Cherry, for a honeymoon I would probably not recommend Circus Circus or the Riviera. The Mirage, Caesars and the new Bellagio are beautiful resorts. We just got back from the Bellagio--stayed in their run of the house room (called a deluxe) and it was very nice,clean and the service was great (marble and glass bathrooms). We looked into a vacated suite while the maid was cleaning and it was GORGEOUS--definitely honeymoon-worthy depending on the $$$ you want to spend. Congratulations!!

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 08:52 AM
stoshw

cherry, SF is more of a big town than a city so most places can actually be walked to,of course depending on where you are. Public transportation will easily get you around so you won't need to take cabs. As far as hotels, which Ramada are you talking about? There are several in city and three in roughly the civic center area Of these The Ramada Plaza on Mkt. st is probably the best located and I would choose that over the Holiday Inn Civic Center,because of location. Room wise these are all fine but not in the most interesting areas or in some cases not great for walking late at night. Again the Ramada on Mkt.would probably be the best. If you wanted to let me know what your price range is I could probably recommend places in more interesting areas. Can do this by e-mail if you like.Otherwise go with the Ramada Plaza on Market Street.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 09:42 AM
Diane

There are many lovely and affordable hotels in SF than Holiday Inn or Ramadas. We just got back, and before hand had received a free visitors guide from a web site that lists all kinds of hotel deals. You will walk a LOT and love it. The public transportation is great. Even taxis weren't too expensive at night. We stayed in Union Square and most cab fares home from restaurants were in the $7 range (including tip). One night we took the trolley back (not romantic as it is always packed, but certainly fun and worth the $2 fare!) I'll email you with more info on hotels.

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 10:51 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Cherry, try the following web site for hotels in SF: http://www.180096hotel.com/
My wife and I used it to find a very resonably priced hotel at Union Square (you have to pay for your stay when you make the reservation, but it worked out fine and the rate savings were worth it).
The Union Square area is filthy and full of loud, unrestrained bums, but it makes for a good place to use as a base to see the rest of the city.