Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   las vegas 10th. anniversary (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/las-vegas-10th-anniversary-645622/)

andyg Sep 10th, 2006 05:44 PM

las vegas 10th. anniversary

looking for any good tips on where to propose to my wife again.not a restaurant did that last time. thanks for any help.

trippinkpj Sep 10th, 2006 05:49 PM

At the Bellagio fountain, on the Venetian Gondola or atop the Eiffel Tower?

Armani_Rugpilot Sep 11th, 2006 12:23 AM

I seeing rollercaster on the StriP and sheknows you one excite and energy for life!

jbridget Sep 11th, 2006 02:47 AM

Visit www.expedia.co.uk or www.hotels-net.net for some good ideas.

When I went to Las Vegas, I went to Long Beach and had diner on the Queen Mary Cruise Ship!! Very Nice....

SandratheGardener Sep 11th, 2006 03:33 AM

Long Beach (and the Queen Mary) are a four to five hour drive from Las Vegas...

vvv352 Sep 11th, 2006 04:27 AM

I'm in agreement with trippinkpj - the Bellagio fountains, especially if they are playing romantic music.

placeu2 Sep 11th, 2006 05:13 AM

How about at the Little White Chapel?

I suppose any of the wedding places would be good, depends on your level of romance, fun, corny or tackiness.

The roof bar at the Rio overlooking the strip at night is nice but that might fall into the restaurant catagory.

I do like the Gondola idea. The top of the Eiffel Tower is a smallish caged in area with lots of people at your shoulder.

Lori Sep 11th, 2006 06:13 AM

There are 5 million (or so it seems) people at both the Bellagio Fountains and top of Eiffel Tower ... neither are very romantic unless you equate romance with people yapping on cell phones and holding cameras up over your shoulder.

We go to Vegas alot, while you do not want to do a restaurant perhaps you might want to re-think that, at least for the privacy issue. If you do the Gondola thing you should get a private one, but be aware that the entire universe often hangs over the rails of the "canals" to watch. Not overly romantic either.

I guess it depends on your personalities tho, but none of these choices would be mine if I were you.

sylvia3 Sep 11th, 2006 06:47 AM

propose again? didn't the vows take? (these things kind of make me wonder--weren't they solemn and binding the first time? Why not just say it with gold [holds value better than diamonds])?

andyg Sep 11th, 2006 04:46 PM

thanks for your thoughts.planing on renewing our vows at the little white chapel. thanks for any other tips.

Pumpy Sep 11th, 2006 06:14 PM

Nothing says love like an Elvis wedding

diann Sep 12th, 2006 12:05 PM

How about just a nice super romantic restaurant?? That would be a nice place to propose. I didn't eat there, but for example the top of the Stratosphere right before sunset. That would be nice.

bashfulLV Sep 12th, 2006 02:03 PM

If you can get a waterfront table at the Fontana Lounge in Bellagio it would be a lovely place to propose - of course while watching the fountains and listening to the gorgeous music. It might take some finagling to do, but it would be well worth it - sitting out on that patio is lovely this time of year, especially in the evening. But you might want to wait until the band that's performing in the Fontana takes a break before you pop the question - it gets pretty noisy - even out on the patio - if they've got a loud band playing the night you're there. You want to make sure she hears YOU when you ask that question.

andyg Sep 12th, 2006 04:16 PM

ttt. any last thoughts? thanks