Las Palomas in Santa Fe--Neighborhood okay?

Old Apr 4th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Las Palomas in Santa Fe--Neighborhood okay?

I'm thinking about reserving at Las Palomas for our upcoming trip to Santa Fe (early May). But I read conflicting information about the neighborhood it's in. We want to be able to walk around at night comfortably and go out to dinner and perhaps a drink or two later and then walk back. We are not babies and live in a city so are aware of usual precautions but some reviews on Trip Advisor and other sites have me wondering. Could a Santa Fe expert advise as to the neighborhood (and, or course, whether Las Palomas is a good choice.) The other considerations are Casa Pueblo, Inn of the Governors and Old Santa Fe Inn.
Many thanks.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

Any thoughts?? Thanks
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:16 PM

My friends and I stayed at Casapueblo Inn on Park (I assume this is the one you're considering) last summer and were very pleased. We walked to the plaza, Canyon Road, etc. Very well located, good price, everything was great.
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 07:29 PM

You will be fine! Absolutely a fine area to stay. Its 3 blocks west off of the plaza crossing only one main road -- Guadalupe, I think.

Familiar with Old Santa Fe Inn and Inn of the Governors, both of which are fine as well. Not familiar with Casa Pueblo.

If you want to throw another in the mix we toured El Farolito recently and it is very quaint and good location as well -- just a few blocks south off of the plaza as well. Very nice host and beautiful rooms and courtyard.

I have never felt unsafe walking around Santa Fe at night with my husband.

Hope that helps you out.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:30 AM

BeachGirl (or anyone else with info), did you happen to take a look at the Four Kachinas Inn, a sister property to the El Farolito? The only room available at El Farito was Peralta (did you happen to see or stay in this room?) with double beds. So we are thinking of the Four Kachinas since they have a room with a king bed available.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:53 AM

marianna, we did not stay there but the host gave us a tour of some of the rooms. All were very quaint and charming. Some larger than others but I don't think there is a bad room there. I feel the same way about Five Graces.

I have not toured Four Kachinas. It is close to the plaza as well so not an issue of location. If a king bed is important then I would stay where you are most comfortable.

I like the location of El Farolito better only because you don't have to cross Paseo de Peralta to get to the plaza but if a king bed is your first choice then Four Kachinas is great.

Hope that helps a little
Sheila

Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:46 AM

Thanks, Sheila, your info was very helpful. I think we will go with El Farolito after all. We were fortunate they had an opening at either place since it is that busy balloon fiesta weekend.