Reload this Page >

Lakedale Resort San Juan Islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 08:54 AM
formerjerseygirl

Does anyone have any opinions on Lakedale Resort and the San Juan Island in general. I have read Lakedale is extremely nice but it is rather expensive and wanted to know if it is worth it. (Staying in cabins) I thought the San Juan Island would be a good choice instead of Orcas Island with two children 12 and 5 with a lot more to do. If anyone has any recommendations or comments on Lakedale and the San Juan Island I would appreciate it.

Old Feb 1st, 2005, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We went there to camp once. We drove in and were not thrilled, but figured we would give it a chance. It was definitely not our cup of tea. VERY crowded, the campsites were very close together (we did not see the cabins), the bahtrooms extremely dirty, and overall, well...just icky. I am sitting here trying to find something positive about it, but for us there just wasn't anything. We left and went elsewhere. Please do not let this deter you from other areas on the island though, lots of beauty there and well worth a trip.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:22 AM
formerjerseygirl

Thanks for your feedback. I have read about the campsites from other forums at Lakedale Resort are not very nice and others have mentioned the dirty bathrooms in particular as well. The cabins and the lodge are suppose to be extremely nice and for the prices they charge, they should be. We are paying $2,000 for a cabin for a week. House rentals are approximately in the same price range, maybe slightly less. If you have other recommendations on where to stay on San Juan Island, I would love to hear from you. This is our first visit this summer and I am not familiar with the islands at all except for what I have read.

Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:29 AM

I wish I could be of more help, but when we lived in WA we were close enough to usually do day trips. We have children too, and we all really enjoyed British Camp and American Camp(a beach really). We spent lots of time at both.
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 09:11 AM

Hello again. If you're having second thought about your lodging take a look at Roche Harbor Resort. They have many different types of accomodations and activities. I have never stayed there, but friends have stayed in the condos and really enjoyed it. I have toured the grounds many times and its a lovely place.