Search

kauai- Rental home or Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kauai- Rental home or Hotel?

Hey Guys,

I Love Kauai and I'm going back soon. In the past I have always stayed in Hotels but I think I'm ready for something a little more private and quiet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM

I rented a tiny little house in Hanalei. It was private, mostly quiet, and in a great location.

www.surfsisterhawaii.com

It's fairly rustic (shower is outside), but we liked it a lot.
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM

What time of year and what budget per night are you looking at? Also would you be open to a condo as well? I have found lots of helpful posters over on the Kauai TA forums but you need to provide this info to get meaningful help and advice.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Kureiff that sounds great actually cause I was interested in staying on the North Shore

Per night I'd like to not spend more than $300. Thanks for the advice Jaime I'm new on here.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 02:29 PM

The surfsister cottage is $750 for the week. I did a lot of checking on VRBO for rentals. There are many to choose from, and there are a lot of condos available in Princeville, too.
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 03:09 PM

We love staying in Hanalei. We've rented from Na Pali Properties (Plantation Cottage) http://www.napaliprop.com/plantation-cott.html and loved it.

We also rented Devaki's Hanalei Vacation Rental http://www.vrbo.com/18278 and liked it.

Kauaivacationrentals.com has a large selection of homes in Hanalei.

If you click on my name there are two Kauai trip reports listed in trip reports. One is is from 2005 and one from 2007. Some of the info might be outdated, but my impressions of the island and of Hanalei are still accurate.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:41 AM

Condo are the way we go every time we visit Kauai. Have stayed at Pali Ke Kua, Sea Lodge, Poipu Makai, and others. Love the fact that I don't have to eat out for every meal - the choice is mine. Also like the room that one has renting a condo. Hotels can be pretty boring after a while with just a bed and maybe a chair. Our preference is that we have ocean view and preferably ocean front so we can watch the waves crash on the shore when we sit on the lanai. Google what you are looking for, check out VRBO and places that are mentioned in numerous reports on Fodors. Have a wonderful time. We are heading back in 30 days for my 65th b'day