I posted on here before about suggestions for places out west to stay in cabins & everyone was so helpful! One of the suggestions was Lake Tahoe and there were some great prices on cabin rentals when I did a bit of research so Lake Tahoe it is! Weve narrowed it down to two options- one on the north side of the lake and one in South Lake Tahoe. Neither my fiance nor I have ever been out there before and we are really excited!
Which side of the lake is better to stay on? We dont gamble and were not huge on club kind of nightlife, but we do like good restaurants and getting outside. We are also looking for suggestions on places to hit while hiking and whether some easy biking trails are available. Are there any absolutely MUST SEE kind of places around the lake for views,hiking, and picnics?
Fiance is huge on off-roading so we may try to rent a Jeep or ATVS for a day and try to hit trails too-- suggestions on where to do that/best places to rent those vehicles from? Is this even possible in late September weather-wise? (We dont mind the cold at ALL- a hot tropical honeymoon location was never even discussed. haha!
Thanks for all the help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 Our next summer trip
- 3 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 4 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 5 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 6 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 7 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 8 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 9 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 10 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 11 Muir Woods - new rules
- 12 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 13 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 14 Padre Islands
- 15 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 16 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 17 NASHVILLE
- 18 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 19 4 days in San Diego
- 20 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 21 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 22 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 23 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 24 Galveston
- 25 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
Lake Tahoe Honeymoon- Late September Activities Tips Needed!