Lake Tahoe Family Vacation

Old Jan 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Tahoe Family Vacation

Looking for a resort/hotel with pool accommodations hopefully with water slides. Will be traveling with two children (6 & 14) during June. Any suggestions? Never been to Tahoe.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 10:06 PM

The Resort at Squaw Creek
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 08:15 AM

Been to Tahoe every summer of my life but am not aware of a resort with water slides at the lake. Most hotels have either indoor pools or more modest pools than other resort areas. Probably has to do with the short pool season at the lake and the very cold winters. Also lots of people are really more interested in the lake than in a pool. There are new hotels at south shore by Marriott, Timber Lodge and Grand Residence Club. They are both very nice but are pretty much mountain resorts. The Hyatt on the north shore has been remodeling their pool area which is across the street from the lake and would not have a lake view from the pool but here's a view of the new pool: http://laketahoe.hyatt.com/property/...ow/index.jhtml
We stayed at the Hyatt during it's early renovation before the pool was redone and we had a great time. You can get a lounge chair or cabana right on the beach including lakeside food and beverage service. They also have lots of water activities at their onsite activity hut. Other activities are available around Incline, like the shakespeare festival which is fabulous. Also close by is the Ponderosa.

As previously mentioned the Resort at Squaw Creek does have a slide, This resort is in Squaw Valley which is about 20 minutes north west of the lake. You can see more about this at www.squawcreek.com
Old Jan 7th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Jun20

Although it is a bit of a drive to Sparks and I-80, there is the Wild Island waterpark. Plan on a full day of fun for kids and adults, and the temperature will be warmer than Tahoe. www.wildisland.com

Old Jan 7th, 2004, 09:03 AM

I can't think of any resorts with waterslides at the lake either. For a family vacation, I think that the Zephyr Cove resort is great, but they don't have a pool so it's probably not what you are looking for. This place has lake front cabins, a nice long beach, a dock where you can rent small boats and water toys, a restaurant with a bar, and a second bar on the beach.