Lake Havasu, AZ - Where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like the London Bridge Resort, Holiday Inn and the Ramada are the best of the hotels in Lake Havasu City. I have to be there for business for one day, one night next week, and am looking for the nicest place in town. Any input would be much appreciated!
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 08:54 AM

I have no idea - we will also be staying there on a trip from Grand Canyon to San Diego. Asked a question about Lake Havasu several months ago, and there were several responses - none too favorable about the area, but several were quite funny - you may still be able to retrieve them on a search.
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

I tried a search before I posted...came up with nada. I hear it's a big spring break spot, but frankly it looks sort of depressing to me!
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 08:34 PM

I stayed at the London Bridge resort. It was a nice hotel but you are right depressing!! I was there with gosh maybe 30 family members for thanksgiving one year. Rather then going to a resteraunt for dinner my grandma decided to cook in the motor home she brought with her. I still remember her trying to keep the turkey from blowing away. One of those you had to be there to believe it trips!! LOL!!!
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:50 AM

You are correct - lots of posts but no good hotel suggestions. I think we are both left with the conclusion that there are no nice hotels. I even have a brochure from Lake Havasu Bureau of Tourism that is not much help.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

I booked a room at the London Bridge Resort, based on a colleague's recommendation. The reservationist assured me it was the "nicest hotel in Lake Havasu." So...we'll see. I'll post back here next week and let you know how it is.
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

I'm back from my one-night stay at the London Bridge Resort. It was nicer than I expected, actually. I was in room 1052, which is on the first floor. I had requested a quiet room away from the hotel's club, Kokomo's, and it was indeed quiet. The room had a separate living room, a small but nice kitchen, a separate bedroom with a king bed, and a nice bathroom with a shower and a huge, separate jacuzzi tub. The furnishings were nice, not super-luxurious but definitely not shabby. There were two sliding glass doors, one set in the bedroom and one set in the living room, that led out to a patio area w/ patio furniture. The location was good, right on the water adjacent to the London Bridge. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Since I was there only one night, for business, I did not get a chance to really check out what the city had to offer. I did have a decent meal at Shugrue's, a restaurant overlooking the water across the bridge from the hotel. I'm fairly sure this hotel is one of the nicest, if not the nicest, in Lake Havasu City. I paid $159/night.