Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Lake George and/or Saratoga restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have any suggestions for kid-friendly restaurants in the Lake George or Saratoga, NY area? We will be staying in Lake George proper.
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 09:58 AM

I assume you mean the Village, where you will find a TON of small restaurants along the strip. There is a good pizza place that I recall has outdoor seating, but haven't been in years, and can't recall the name.

I don't think family friendly dining will be hard to find in this area!!

Saratoga is a nice place to visit as well, but is a decent hike from Lake George. If you are making a special trip to Saratoga, let me know.

Old Aug 10th, 2006, 10:11 AM

I agree - you will definitely not have a problem finding kid-friendly places to eat. Have fun!
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Katya -- we are considering a day trip to Saratoga for the races, so a restaurant recommendation there would be welcomed!
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 05:36 PM

There are a bunch of restaurants in downtown Saratoga. I think the best for a family with kids would be the Circus Cafe, or the Stadium Cafe. Both are located on Broadway in Saratoga. Depending on the ages and interests of the children, either could be good.

We love the gelateria on Broadway- Eugenios- for a nice dessert too.

If you have a night for just the parents, we like Wheatfields, too. It is a homemade pasta restaurant- not exactly Italian, but yummy nonetheless.

If you need to grab a sandwich to bring to the track, or for the road- or for a sweet fix- The Putnam Market (also on Bway) has a great selection.

My personal fave in downtown Saratoga is Ravenous, a crepe shop on Phila Street (just a short walk from Bway- runs perpendicular to Bway). Ravenous is by no means too fancy for kids, but some children may not be interested. They offer a great selection of crepe, and the best pomme frites I have had outside of the Francophone world! They have sweet and savory crepes- I am not sure about their summer hours, but if you are interested, you can call ahead-

Ravenous- 518-581-0560

(Can you tell we spend a lot of time in Saratoga??)

www.thestadiumcafe.com

www.circuscafe.com

Enjoy Saratoga!!
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 05:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much! I've also heard good things about PJ's Barbecue -- just outside of Saratoga. Anyone heard of it?
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 05:52 AM

Bruno's Pizza, across from the track, is great with kids.
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 12:27 PM

Hello! We had a wonderful dinner at The Boathouse when we were in Lake George, it's family friendly but still feels nice and if you can, ask to sit outside (beautiful view of the lake)! http://www.cresthavenlodges.com/boathouse.asp In Saratoga you have a ton of options, but we love Southern Food and had an awesome dinner at Hattie's which is actually pretty famous (on the Food Network all the time) but has such reasonable prices and is very low-key and laidback. http://www.hattiesrestaurant.com/