Laguna, CA or La Jolla - Sunday brunch

Old Jul 18th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laguna, CA or La Jolla - Sunday brunch

Does anyone have any favorites? Trying to decide where to stop on the way to San Diego for good food & views along the coast. Thanks!
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 10:27 AM

No view, but I just wanted to slip in a recommendation for The Cottage in La Jolla.

www.cottagelajolla.com

They serve a classic California brunch with fresh ingredients and large portions. There is outdoor and indoor seating, both very comfortable and quaint.

I was sent there by some locals and have returned for every visit back.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 12:19 PM

Brockton Villa in La Jolla is a fun funky place right across from the ocean with great views from all tables, inside and out. Their french toast is very good.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 12:40 PM

Las Brisas in Laguna Beach. Kinda expensive Mexican/seafood but great patio location on a cliff above a fantastic stretch of ocean. When you finish, you can stroll along a great public path with beautiful views and easy beach access.
Old Jul 18th, 2004, 01:38 PM

This is a second for Las Brisas. Great breakfast buffet with ocean views in Laguna Beach. Make a reservation and be sure to request a window table. I think the previous poster's comment on "mexican /seafood" is true for lunch and dinner (great food) but the brunch is more traditional fare, well done. Depending on what you want to spend you should also condider the 5 star hotels along the coast -- The Ritz Carlton in Dana Point / Laguna Niquel is in an outstanding location and also look at the Montage in Laguna Beach. Check their websites maybe for pics

Old Jul 18th, 2004, 11:27 PM
hsv

I second mclaurie's suggestion of Brockton Villa in La Jolla, which BTW I had already done in your previous post on the same subject.
Enjoy
hsv

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all, some great suggestions. I forgot about Las Brias & my sister got married on the cliff there & we had the reception at Las Brisas! Brockton Villa looks amazing. It doesn't appear they have brunch but they make mimosas! I appreciate the information.