Lago Mar Vs. Pelican Resort Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to decide between the Pelican Resort and Lago Mar in Fort Lauderdale, FL with a 5 year old. Both look great. Have friends in Pompano Beach, Florida so the Pelican Resort is closer. Is Lago Mar worth the distance? Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:36 PM

typing with wet fingernails
loved pelican
lovely hotel
great beach
5 yr old will love lazy river and ice cream parlour
lots of other kids there when we were there
only complaint was that in december pool area was rather shady; don't know how it is other times of the year

great location -- quiet but 5 mins drive from las olas blvd
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
GoTravel

The Lago Mar is really a fabulous resort! While the Pelican is very very nice, the Lago Mar is a resort.

Really a toss up.

Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:51 AM

Loved Lago Mar. The rooms are spacious and clean, nice pools and nice beach. Restaurant is very good. You would need a car to get to other places in Fort Lauderdale but I think it is worth it.
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 09:05 AM

Agree that Lago Mar is worth it. Loved their pool, right on the beach, just loved the overall feel of the place.
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 07:38 AM

My husband and I are thinking of going for a weekend to Fort Lauderdale. Is anyone familiar with the St. Regis or where would you suggest?
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
GoTravel

The new St. Regis is absolutely stunning!

However, it is on A1A and the Lago Mar is more of a resort and it very beautiful.

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM

I've looked at the Lago Mar website and I have to admit it looks very nice. I would have booked it for this December but the dates I wanted weren't available.

I have no personal experience there but for those of you who do, do you think it's a good place for small children? That is, are there wading pools, playgrounds, other kids to play with, etc? It looks lovely but it does seem very staid. I don't think I saw anything about amenities for kids when I looked at it, but then I wasn't really looking for such things and could easily have missed them.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 09:03 AM

My only experience at Lago Mar WAS with small children - from 2 - 7 yrs. old. They loved it! There is a heated lazy river type of pool that was perfect for them. If I remember right, we had inner tubes for them to float on - I don't remember if my 2 yr. old could touch bottom anywhere. There was also a giant people sized chess set on the grounds, a little convenience store on the premesis where we bought milk, cereal and juices for breakfast, and the beach is right there. I don't know if there are specifically programs for children (you can find that on the website), but overall it was very nice for my young family - for a short stay.